Remember the Path - during export configuration settings save

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SimplSam

Remember the Path - during export configuration settings save

Post by SimplSam »

The export Save As Default or Create New Configuration do not allow you to save the preferred Path destination. This I would like, as I typically like to export to the same output folder -- which is not the same as the project file.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Re: Remember the Path - during export configuration settings save

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, I've been saying this for many years now.

The output path in Moho Exporter needs to be a project setting. The current 'recent path' list is dumb because it requires the user to keep selecting the same path over and over again, is too subject to user error and leads to files being rendered to another location where it doesn't overwrite previously written renders, confusing the composite and anybody else waiting on those last minute renders. To rub salt in the wound, Moho eventually forgets the path because the 'recent path' eventually scrolls off the list.

At work we have programmers who created a custom render controller to address issues like this with Moho Exporter, but that doesn't help me at home or anybody else using Moho.

Personally, I would much rather see workflow enhancements and improvements to existing tools in future releases of Moho than more new features.

Sorry, don't mean to sound cranky...I haven't had my morning coffee yet. Ahhhhh....much better now.

I hope the developers can revisit this issue soon. Moho Exporter actually has a lot going for it but the output path issue makes it unnecessarily irritating to use. Seriously, this little fix would turn Moho Exporter one of my favorite things. (the 'Split Item By Layer Comp' is already one of my favorite Moho features!) :)