Weights tool for manual binding

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

softdraw

Weights tool for manual binding

Post by softdraw »

Just like in any other software manual binding is super important tool for additional control of layer binding. Each vertex gets a weight for each bone to determine the influence of the bones. While Auto weighting is often sufficient, the Weights tool can be used to manually adjust weights. I was wondering if such tool is even possible to script in Moho because I was not able to find any scripting reference to get and set the weight for specified points in vector layer.

When a mesh is selected with the Weights tool, would be cool to display the indication of the influence from each bone. Maybe a chart of vertices and their weights (from 0 to 1).

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my work https://www.behance.net/softdraw
Maestral

Re: Weights tool for manual binding

Post by Maestral »

Spine has several neet tools and weight is among those, for sure.
Moho does not have that particular tool but you can achieve the desired (tail) 'effect' with sketch bones.

Other than that, if you create a certain set of 'constructional' bones, make another set of bones parented to those, bound them to points, set the angle/position/scale control bones respectively and, voila - you've had gained some weight ;)

Worth mentioning - Independent angle, Squash/Strech, Targets, Bone dynamics, Smartbones, Actions..... than you have Mesh...