editing in manipulate bones mode 0 frame

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

buijon

editing in manipulate bones mode 0 frame

Post by buijon »

Countless times i`ve posed my guy as a demo and want to change just one thing slightly, maybe a switch frame, maybe nudge a vector point over, but anytime you do anything like that, it snaps back to default. I would do it outside of frame 0 but then the changes will get animated, and i just want to change them around to see if they look ok.
box

Post by box »

I am not shure if we mean the same thing but I think there should be a separate workspace in the application for rigging and construction, wheras frame 0 should be reserved for a scene layout.
The offset feature is nice, but very often in frame 0 everything is messed up with body parts, so that I add things in frame 1 or accidentally in other frames which may cause problems later.
Plus, it is difficult to make precise bone alignment with offset body parts.

Best solution would be a button that toggles offset view instead of snapping back every time you want to edit anything.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

A possible workaround, for now, could be a tool that returns you to frame zero. It should be only enabled outside frame zero, and disabled in frame zero. I will see if I can create such an "edit button".