deleted

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nanticokerailroad

deleted

Post by nanticokerailroad »

deleted
Last edited by nanticokerailroad on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

The manual is in the same file as the Tutorials. It's not a hard copy, but it's there.

And in fact that manual IS for the Pro version because it references many features not in the basic version.
~Danimal
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

I don't know if you can ding a $150 (current) product for not having a hard copy manual -- I own 3D Studio Max (current version) and this $3000+ program doesn't have a hard copy manual either.

That's just the way of the world -- more and more software companies are finding that a hard manual gets both more expensive and harder to keep current that doing an online one. Would I prefer to have a book I can take to the porceline reading room? Absolutely. But I can also live with the fact that reading the online one and working through it works.

The book you bought from Amazon (which, amazingly enough, *seems* to be shipping although they are all out of stock on them at the moment -- I say amazing because I've had this book on preorder for months and finally cancelled it because they said it would not ship until March, the third such shipping delay) even as an "official" guide is written by a third party. Hopefully it will be good -- perhaps you could let the many of us here know what you think about it when it arrives.
nanticokerailroad

don't know if you can ding a $150 (current) product

Post by nanticokerailroad »

Didn't mean to "ding" the founding fathers.... I like the program, and the forum. Just made an observation thats all; Even a downloadable PDF version would be very easy for them to do and a lot easier to browse the info and print what' pertinent. Just my opinion. I sent the same question to the company also and they said they would send the message to their development team for further consideration for what that's worth. As far as price goes; I have $20 dollar programs that come with a manual so that's really no excuse either. As far as the third party manual, according to Amazon it is on its way and should arrive on Monday. When it arrives I will put up a post relaying what It's all about and if its worth buying, (in my opinion). take care. Mike.

Additional Info: I just got off of amazons site after talking with mkelley. A vender by the name of SAMY3 (their store front on amazon), claims they have the manual in stock, so check it out, who ever is interested.