new features

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Post by Genete »

BTW, Setting on the Sort Layers by Depth in the Group type layer, overrides the new stack order feature. So you cannot use both at the same time.
Manu

Post by Manu »

With layer re-ordering, the layer order is always visible in the Layers-palette. It is even visible when playing back. You don't get that neat visual feedback with Z-depth.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Layer reordering wasn't high on my list of feature requests because of the depth sorting trick. I would've rather seen something that genuinely added new functionality like the image texture effect, although I'm still glad to have layer reordering anyway as it is easier and less confusing than the alternative. Layer based motion pathing was already possible in 5.5, except that now you can adjust the entire path from anywhere on the timeline instead of having to move the cursor to a specific frame to do the same thing.

So here's how I rate the new features:
1) Image texture effect - this is a bona fide new feature, the first we've seen in about 2 years.
2) Layer Motion Path - a reasonable improvement over the old method.
3) Layer Re-ordering - already possible with depth sorting, but easier and less confusing.
Genete

Post by Genete »

What it would be worthy feature addition were animatable shape stack order. 8)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Genete wrote:What it would be worthy feature addition were animatable shape stack order. 8)
That's what I'd REALLY want. I'd love to work with fewer layers, and animated shape order would go a long way to fixing that.

I'd say this one is number one on my feature request list!
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

synthsin75 wrote:
Genete wrote:What it would be worthy feature addition were animatable shape stack order. 8)
That's what I'd REALLY want. I'd love to work with fewer layers, and animated shape order would go a long way to fixing that.

I'd say this one is number one on my feature request list!
What is "animated shape stack order"? Please explain..thanks.

S
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

slice11217 wrote:What is "animated shape stack order"? Please explain..thanks.
Within one vector layer, each shape has an order in which it is displayed. If shapes overlap, you will see the shapes stacking upon each other. The order in which they stack (which is on top of the other) is called the shape stacking order. You can change this order with the Lower and Raise shape buttons in the Fills section of the Tools palette. However, you cannot change it during the animation with keys in the Timeline palette. It is not (yet) an animateable feature.
temujin143

Post by temujin143 »

wow animated line width!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

temujin143 wrote:wow animated line width!
Yes, wow, but it isn't new.
temujin143

Post by temujin143 »

I haven't seen that before. And people used to come up with all sort of tricks when their character turns like no outline. because the line width thickness could not be animated.

You sure?
VidE

Post by VidE »

Is there a new features list somewhere? The 'readme' file didn't have anything. Are the layers reordering and raster texture feature the only two new features? (I'm not being disparaging here, just asking)
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Animated line width is not new -- been using it way before 5.6. Indeed, on this forum someone posted the tip about using it for exactly the purpose you thought about.

(Now, it would be *great* if you could animate the hide edges feature, though)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I remember some years ago, when animatable line width became a feature.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

mkelley wrote:(Now, it would be *great* if you could animate the hide edges feature, though)
I'll second this request!