Searchable Moho Help Files Posted

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Searchable Moho Help Files Posted

Post by bupaje »

Hi all. With my memory so bad I decided to try to set up a search feature for the Moho help files. I spend a bunch of time trying to setup a Google search and hosting a copy, then finding a script one to insert locally, tools to convert to PDF but finally settled on an ebook. I found a trial version of a ebook maker here

http://www.caislabs.com/index.htm

and after some trial and error I got it to work and posted the file here

http://stormvisions.com/moho/MohoManual5.zip

It's about 4.5MB. Now you can use the built in tools to search and do a few other things. Hope it is useful.

@LM - It has the trial message and says not to be used to sell commercial ebooks so I guess this is ok -as we aren't selling it but you may want to look. If I get some $$ later I'll pick up a copy and I can update this from time to time.

I tried to add the scripting reference but would have to redo the HTML and renumber the document tree code to put them all in the same TOC so left that out for now.

Finally I had been getting some javascript errors and I commented out these lines in the HTML pages and seems to work fine

// parent.tocFrame.d.openTo(loc, true);

In case anyone else has the problem.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Dear bupaje,

Our lawyers will be contacting you shortly about the issue of redistributing our copyrighted material. :wink:

Just kidding! Thanks for the work - hopefully this will be useful to other Moho users as well.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Lost Marble wrote:Dear bupaje,

Our lawyers will be contacting you shortly about the issue of redistributing our copyrighted material. :wink:

Just kidding! Thanks for the work - hopefully this will be useful to other Moho users as well.
Started to sweat when I saw the word 'lawyers' :shock: ;)
videodv

Re: Searchable Moho Help Files Posted

Post by videodv »

Win 7pro 64bit
This opens but will not show any content? it says "This page can’t be displayed" to all searches.

Regards
Chris.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

videodv wrote:Win 7pro 64bit
This opens but will not show any content? it says "This page can’t be displayed" to all searches.

Regards
Chris.
Same here. It seems to be looking for other material that isn't in the archive.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Considering that the ebook is nearly 9 years old, it's very likely that whatever pages it's pointing to no longer exist.
~Danimal
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Danimal wrote:Considering that the ebook is nearly 9 years old, it's very likely that whatever pages it's pointing to no longer exist.
:lol: :oops: Oh dear, I didn't check the date of the the original post either. Even if it were there, the help file would be rather out of date by now.