BASIC version Copy/Paste Object and it's key frame settings?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ekulis

BASIC version Copy/Paste Object and it's key frame settings?

Post by ekulis »

Question:
How do I get the last frame to be the same as the first?

Requirement:
What I'd like to do is loop an animation so that all objects begin and end at the same position. This avoids a jerky jump as the animation loops. I've already moved objects around so that as the frame loops from last to 1 there's a jump in the objects.

Attempt so far:
I'm a newbie so my intuition might be incorrect. Seems to me that I should be able to go to frame 1 in a layer, select all in the timeline, copy, move to the last frame and paste so that the last frame now has a copy of all the graphics and timeline parameters.
( This idea comes from my work in Final Cut Pro where you can copy and paste attributes. )

I've been clicking, cmd clicking, clicking copy in the timeline but I can't select all the channels or paste them but my attempt seem ill-conceived and ineffective.

Next attempt:
Maybe the way to do it is to key frame the last frame as soon as you create the object. This greater cognitive load though because you'd need to remember this everytime you create a new object. Better if you could correct your inattention with a copy paste to the last frame.

At the moment, I don't know if a key frame insertion is possible. Live and learn ....
-ed
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You've got the basic concept correct: copy all keys on frame 1 and paste them to frame whatever, the loop's end.

Unfortunately you have to do this for each end every timeline separately in which you've created keys.

If you don't mind to have a lot of unnecessary keys, you could do this:
Go to frame 1. Select "Copy current drame" from the animation menu. Check "Entire document" and copy to frame 1. This creates a keyframe in each and every timeline.
Now repeat this step but copy to your loop's end.
ekulis

Copy frame 1 is what I didn't do

Post by ekulis »

Copy frame 1 sounds like what I was missing. I'll check it out when I have time. Need to quit working now.

Sure would be nice if they has a copy/paste attributes like Final Cut Pro where the "Paste Attributes" Dialog lets you choose which parameters to apply in the paste. And if they let you cmd-click to add disjoint subsets of channel timelines.

Thank you very much.