New tutorials on Lowrestv.com

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

New tutorials on Lowrestv.com

Post by heyvern »

Sorry for being away so long. I've been busy.

I just uploaded two new tutorials on www.lowrestv.com:

Creating Strokes using layer shading
Consistent strokes around layers/layer groups using layer shading. This uses "layer shading" not shadows so the stroke doesn't increase thickness on shapes that already have strokes.

Sci-fi Display Panel SFX
Crazy experiment for creating sci-fi back lit display panels that have lots of random, interesting motion and NO key frames. Sort of like the visual display overlay of the "Terminator" cyborgs. ;)

-----
I am working on a "series" tutorial. I am creating a character "from scratch". Full body and head. This is a sort of "improv" type tutorial. I will be creating this character "on the fly" and recording my progress.

Part 1 of this series is finished and will be going up next week.

-----

I promise to work harder! (I extended the memberships by 1 month for anyone who signed up before July 11 in case you missed my email).

-vern
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Vern - your tutorials rule! Thanks so much fo doing this!
~Danimal
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Vern, I'm happy you be back :roll:
I don't know how paypal works and will be asking you for a way to subscribe to your page next week (this one I'm very very busy).
Darramouss

Post by Darramouss »

Good to have you back, Vern. I really enjoyed your hair brush tutorial and I'm looking forward to seeing your new ones.
Sheer will is my greatest talent - Sledge Hammer!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

selgin wrote:Vern, I'm happy you be back :roll:
I don't know how paypal works and will be asking you for a way to subscribe to your page next week (this one I'm very very busy).
As far as I know from my own use of paypal it is very straight forward. You can use a credit card with paypal with out an account. You don't need a paypal account to buy stuff. I use it all the time. I do have a paypal account but I don't always log in when making purchases and just use my credit card.

If you have any troubles let me know and we can work something out. :)

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Over the last few weeks I have created a series of basic bones tutorials.

I just uploaded All About Bones part 3.

All About Bones Part 1

All About Bones Part 2

All About Bones Part 3

------

Part 1 of my creating a character series is almost ready. It's going to be a long one. Part 1 is nearly an hour long and I'm trying to shorten it a bit.

-vern
Darramouss

Post by Darramouss »

Hey, Vern!!

Thus far I have found your tutotials to be fantastic. I think that the membership I paid was extraordinary value for money. If I had a tip I'd say don't shorten them just because you think they're long. As a viewer I have learned watching you take the time to go through the actions and motions. Even when you draw something by mistake and have to go back and correct it can show valuable nuances to the software that viewers can learn from.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Thanks for the hard work you've been putting in, Vern, and I'm looking forward to your next tutorial.
Sheer will is my greatest talent - Sledge Hammer!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Darramouss wrote:If I had a tip I'd say don't shorten them just because you think they're long.
Thanks for the support!

Most of my "shortening" is just... speeding up or editing long tedious sequences of slow... clicking/adding points. If I'm just tracing the outline of a sketch it's pretty much a no brainer. Unless I do something "interesting" there's not much action or information. If I do something "unusual" I would stop and explain it. It saves on upload times for me.

-vern