Illustrator fill problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

boro

Illustrator fill problem

Post by boro »

Hy all, i'm new to Moho. I've installed the latest version and i started to read the tutorials. I learn how to draw directly in Moho and it's fine BUT i have a small horse made in Illustrator that i wanna animate. I do the Import Illustrator command and i can't see why the Fill command doesn't work!!!!! The horse has an Outline white as i wanted to but inside is empty. I want to make the horse white! Please help me :cry:
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I've had that problem, and it's because, even though it looks like a complete shape, Moho is almost surely looking at it as at least a few different line segments. Moho won't do fills unless there is a closed loop around the shape. That means that there is at least one place on the drawing where there are 2 points that overlap and make it look like you have a continuous line, but don't really. If you are using version 4.6, the best you can do is zoom in in the drawing, and using the transform tool, move points around the outline and see if there is another under it. If so, put the point you moved back (or better just hit CTRL-Z to undo the move, I find it more sure) and hit the spacebar to weld them together. If there are a lot of points, it's a bit of a pain but that's how it goes. If you are using the Beta of version 5, select all of the points in the drawing you imported and run the "Autoweld" script ( Scripts>Other>Autoweld ). It generally works pretty well.

--Brian
boro

:

Post by boro »

Thanx so much for the reply but the problem remains: i found the 2 points that were not welded and i selected both and hit the Spacebar....NOTHING CHANGED !!!!
Is there another way to weld 2 points beside the Spacebar command?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The spacebar is the way to do it, but don't select both points first. Make sure no points are selected, then use the Translate Points tool to drag one point on top of the other. When they're lined up, press the spacebar.

Welding only works when the Translate Points tool (or the Add Point tool) is active, and a single point is selected.