lip sync with pamela and flash

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

riotcrue

lip sync with pamela and flash

Post by riotcrue »

does anyone know a way to do the following,

all i want to do is take a black and white mouth with several variations put it into moho, on a switch layer then export it into moho as a moho switch data file(dont know how to do that part) then sync it to my audio file, export that back into moho, so that it is the mouths cycling through in the timeline so that i can then take that file and import it into flash any simpler way to do it then that ? by the way i have the demo version of moho if that helps
Simpy

Post by Simpy »

Ok, I dont know, but from reading your post you seemed to be confused what you have to do.

The best advice for lip-syncing using pamela or magpie would be to read the tutorials in moho. They are invaluable, and will help you greatly.

If you still can't get it after this, post again :)
Fear Me Mortals
myles

Post by myles »

A switch layer in Moho is a group layer that can display any one of several alternative sub-layers. A switch data file is one way to tell Moho when to display each sub-layer.

So, your mouth variations (image or vector) will each provide one sub-layer of your mouth switch layer.

Once you have created your switch layer, composed of mouth variation sub-layers, you then have at least three choices:
  • Use Moho's sound scrubbing to manually keyframe the switch layer to particular mouth variations at various times.

Create a switch data file (just a text file with a one-line header and a simple "keyframe-number switch-sublayer-name" line structure), either manually or using something like Magpie, PAMELA, JLipSync, or some other tool to help. This is something similar to the traditional exposure sheet animation process. Moho can then import this to create keyframes rather than you manually creating keyframes within Moho.

Use Moho's volume (loudness) based automatic mouth keyframe creation process.
Export to SWF is then one way of rendering these keyframes.

Does that help at all ?

Regards, Myles.
riotcrue

thanks guys

Post by riotcrue »

hey thanks to both of u , i didnt quite solve my problem , but i did find a way to lip sync some stuff in moho using the switch layer and soundtrack tool, i found that i was only able to have good lipsync when imported mp3s , waves didnt work for some reason, except with one that moho provided, the bill clinton one , the result was decent, a little chatter boxy but no the less good enough for what im doing, thanks guys, myles u have a nice website btw great links,later

riotcrue