Educational Content in Cartoons

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kirstybulli

Educational Content in Cartoons

Post by kirstybulli »

Hey everybody, I'm new here so I hope this post is in the right forum?

Basically, I'm studying for an Honours degree in Animation and Games, and for my dissertation I've chosen to investigate the use of education within children’s animated cartoons.

I was just wondering if any of you wouldn't mind taking a minute to fill in my questionnaire? It’s only short, and it'd be a big help to me (Don’t forget to click “done” at the bottom when you done).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QTNMHLF - This Survey is aimed towards people working within the animation industry such as animators, directors, writers etc. All are welcome.

Thank you very much in advance, your input would be MUCH appreciated.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

There is a problem with the questionnaire - if you enter other, or need to enter a don't know, the software will not let you submit the form without ticking one of the above boxes.

Several questions are dependent on the age of the viewer - pre-schoolers are different viewers to tweenagers and teenagers are different again. eg: Which is better, stop-motion, 2D or 3D? Well the answer depends on the age of the viewer.

I think too the role of the commissioning editor/broadcaster needs to borne in mind as they have a very big say in the approach and content. BBC/ZDF etc are not Cartoon Network - different agendas, different content: Reg and Stimpy is not Bob the Builder/Hilltop Hospital. or Seseme Street.

Complex but interesting subject.

Rhoel
pihms

Post by pihms »

I find it interesting that you are doing this. I'm a teacher, with a master's in education and just received a certificate from the University that I attended for using technology & media in education. I would like to apply more of my time developing interesting animated lessons, with the same idea as BrainPop, but covering specific content that BrainPop doesn't cover.