2 Free 2.5d characters
67%
A full refund
33%

Total votes: 15
Matsuemon

Post by Matsuemon »

Hey Vern!
Wow, I was wondering what happened with your site. I actually just joined yesterday, but was hesitant to do so, since it looked like you hadn't been active on, or updated the site in a while. But I figured there were some great tutorials on there, and it sounded like you might cover some of the stuff you show in your "demo reel" on youtube, which BLOWS me away.

Just wanted to let you know some of the videos aren't working, either partially (they cut off about half way) or not at all. Anyway, if you find some other way of offering the tutorials I know there would be huge interest in it. Just show people that demo reel of yours, and say "with these tutorials you'll be able to do this kind of stuff" and you'll be a god haha
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

The Demo Reel was a MAJOR reason I decided I wanted AS, and I find myself watching it again and again as I try to learn the application, for the inspiration it gives me of what I might someday be able to accomplish.

It's HARD to get back to something you've let fall by the wayside, but rest assured that there are still lots of people who can benefit by what you have to offer (I'm one of 'em!)...

~M
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I don't think LoResTV has been active for quite some time now. I am surprised that you are still able to purchase a subscription. Awhile back Vern was trying to "cash" everyone out who purchased a subscription by either giving them their money back or the option of receiving some quality content he created.
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi,

I bought a 3 month registration for Lowrestv this morning, and have been waiting ever since for my activation email which has not arrived.

I came to the forum to see if I could get any further info and now it seems that the website is not functioning. I would have been helpful to have a message on the home page to say as much.

Do I now try and get a refund from PayPal or am I entitled to get the 2.5d characters and how would I get them.

I purchased the registration as I wanted the Bone tutorials, are they available anywhere for download?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
digitalartguru

Re: Lowrestv.com Status and future

Post by digitalartguru »

http://www.lowrestv.com/images/compound ... d_rig2.mp4

------------------------------------

Nice characters!
Brooke

LOWRESTV SCAM

Post by Brooke »

I also bought the 3 month on site access to the Lowrestv videos on the 4th June.
I am currently processing a dispute with paypal. DO NOT PUT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE. I don't usually just buy things from websites I stumble upon but it did look legit especially as he has been promoted by Anime Studio Pro, and has a youtube channel which I also tried to contact. NONE OF HIS EMAILS ARE FUNCTIONING.

I'm currently pursing getting my money back especially if paypal are aware of previous incidents. I know it's not much money but we are living in a recession (UK) and its the principle.

I'm an Anime newbie and have just joined this site. This place looks really helpful so hopefully I'll be on track with this software in no time - it certainley is far superior to flash anyhow. So far it feels more like flash and after effects combined :)

Brooke
digitalartguru

Re: Lowrestv.com Status and future

Post by digitalartguru »

heyvern wrote:
I want to do the right thing. I also would like to start creating tutorials again but with simpler expectations. I plan to make the tutorials free after this whole thing has been resolved with current members.

-vern
Hey Vern,
Why don't you make the tutorials free as a gesture of good will. Let us know that you do care and that you are a good person after all. Your reputation is not very good right now. By doing this you will be telling all of us that you really mean well.

Also, there are people still signing up by mistake. Remove the signup payment option from the site to prevent this. It only makes things worst.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

It is unfortunate that heyvern's site still accepts payment for membership, especially since he never did resolve the issue he discussed at the beginning of this thread. He seems to have just abandoned his site and this forum. I believe it's been a full year since he last posted, and he used to be on this forum all the time.

I can't help but wonder if something has happened to him. If you Google him you'll find him listed on Twitter and Facebook and his "new" job at HubuMedia but I'm not sure if he's active anywhere. It seems very odd for such a huge contributor to this forum to just disappear and leave the LRTV issue unresolved after all this time.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

His last tweet was on Nov 16. He last updated his website in March 1010 and it expires In March 2012.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

digitalartguru, check your PM.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

He used to very active on the Hash Animation Master forums as well but he has disappeared from there also. The latest from that forum is this link:

http://www.hubumedia.com/

He is listed as one of 3 persons on the site with a blog and his is the only one that is completely blank!
pihms

Post by pihms »

He still appears to be working for Hubu since they mention his birthday is soon.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HubuMedia ... 7834638527