Freakish Kids and ASP 7

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Freakish Kids and ASP 7

Post by GCharb »

Hello all!

Has anyone heard any mentions of ASP pro 7 by Freakish Kids since it got out?

G
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I think they use an older version as their technique seems to be to use AS as an advanced paint and trace software. (Which frankly I am in awe of) I'm not sure that V7 will help that much apart from multi core rendering....

and that is tempting:D
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

So far i havent and if somebody knows please post it ASAP.

They used it not only for ink and paint but for animation as well and they have done amazing things with it like prince of solei, and cluckie the vampire chiken.

The ones who want to trick people are Toon boom guys, you read in every wherepeople saying that its much better than AS because it was used for Disney films, but what they dont know is that TB is only used for ink and paint for those animated movies not for the animation.
Those animators use pencil and paper or also Digicel Flip book.
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

Hi All,

We're excited about 7. We're going to be upgrading shortly, we're just finishing a series that we've been working away on for the last 8 months.

After which we're switching everything over to version 7.

Squeakydave: We produce all character animation within the software, no trace and paint here!

Hopefully, once we get clearance we'll be able to show you some of the series work we've been doing.

FK
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Hey FK.
Thats cool. I thought you drew the keys and then matched them in AS. -A kind of very hi tech Paint and trace. No offense meant. I love the technique and wish I had the resources to work like that.:D

Does AS7 add much to your work flow and if so what. I'm curious as most of the advances don't seem like they would be much use to me and i would LOVE to be wrong
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Freakish Kid wrote:Hopefully, once we get clearance we'll be able to show you some of the series work we've been doing.
FK
Right on!

It's easier for a one-man production to upgrade, not so for studio situations where potentially breaking pipeline assets is a bad thing. Still, it's good to hear FK put their (tentative) stamp of approval on this upgrade. :)
Mohlar

Post by Mohlar »

In another post, I asked if anyone knew if AS was being used for any major animation projects. Up until then I'd not really encountered much apart from experiments, demos, first tries and short projects - but then one responder mentioned the Freakish Kid website.

I took a look and ........ 'awestruck' just isn't enough of a word. I was going to run a check to see if all their work is done using AS but then I found their own posts in this forum.

I'm now off to find a dark corner in a dark room so that I can try to recover. Those animations are superb.

Wow!
Once, I saw myself in a mirror.
Or did I?