How to find the midpoint in asp? please help (SOLVED)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Johnny

Post by Johnny »

I don't mean to come off like a noob here - but how can you apply this into ASP? Scripts?
Genete

Post by Genete »

because i need to find the midpoint of two point in ASP7 but i notice bone and points do not share the same X,Y position are is it a BUG
Bones have a different coordinate system. They only share the same coordinate system of the points if the bone is a root bone (no parents). Bones coordinates are relative to the immediate parent.

Hothead, please stop telling that everything is a BUG. If it were a bug all the forum members would be blind, don't you think so?. Also bugs are just bugs when confirmed by more than two users. Provide sample files and recipe to produce the bug is a good way to understand what's happening and to really help the debugging. Programs have bugs. Lots of bugs. But it is weird that it is you the only one that "discover" them.
We can help you but we will appreciate more respectful feedback and better initial description of the problem or the need.
-G
Last edited by Genete on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hothead

Post by hothead »

slowtiger wrote:Please remember that you're doing animation here, not CAD. If you need that level of accuracy, learn to use the grid.
slowtiger YOU ARE SO WRONG. because ponysmasher SCRIPT IT AND IT WORKS if you cant do something someone else can i Know ASP can be better but SM is not posuhing there ability.
Genete

Post by Genete »

slowtiger YOU ARE SO WRONG
oh dear... please hot-head do not justify your nickname. :roll:
-G
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Genete wrote:
-G
lol
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
hothead

Post by hothead »

Genete wrote:
because i need to find the midpoint of two point in ASP7 but i notice bone and points do not share the same X,Y position are is it a BUG
Bones have a different coordinate system. They only share the same coordinate system of the points if the bone is a root bone (no parents). Bones coordinates are relative to the immediate parent.

Hothead, please stop telling that everything is a BUG. If it were a bug all the forum members would be blind, don't you think so?. Also bugs are just bugs when confirmed by more than two users. Provide sample files and recipe to produce the bug is a good way to understand what's happening and to really help the debugging. Programs have bugs. Lots of bugs. But it is weird that it is you the only one that "discover" them.
We can help you but we will appreciate more respectful feedback and better initial description of the problem or the need.
-G
Genete i did not say its a bug quote "are is it a BUG" i was just asking if it was one thank you.
hothead

Post by hothead »

Genete wrote:
-G
lol ok Mr. wise guy Genete
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

slowtiger YOU ARE SO WRONG.
Show me a finished film of yours, and we may continue discussion. Frankly, I'm fed up with your attitude.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

This guy reminds me of Mr BLAH!. It is necessary to be respectful of the forum members, specially the ones who offer their advise, when we appear pushy in our requests for help and lack consideration for those responding, then the whole forum suffers, it discourages members from providing their knowledge!
"and then Man created god!"
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

hothead,

If you could show us EXACTLY WHY you need to put a bone EXACTLY in the center of two points it might help us help you get the results you need. Sometimes you make things harder than they need to be. So if we know what you need we might have a better solution.

For example, to find the center of spline a real quick way is to use the "split curve" menu script (pro only sorry). Select two points, set the script to add 1 point and now you have a point exactly in the center even if the vectors curve all over the place.

------------------------------------------------------

I have noticed over the years that having a combative negative attitude when trying to learn something new will hold you back big time. Hothead and some others consider EVERY problem a potential bug without ever considering user error. At this stage of learning AS (or any application) you must always consider user error as the number 1 answer to 99% of your problems. Even if this is proven later to be incorrect, you still must assume it is more likely user error until you become more familiar with the application. Even after years of using Moho/AS I STILL make mistakes. Plenty of user errors in my work with AS.

The problem with a "combative" attitude to your tools is that you don't consider other possibilities. Everything is someone else's fault. You stop trying to learn and look for an easy way out. "It can't be me. It must be a bug."

Hothead, please try not to mention "bug" unless you are more sure of it and can reproduce the problem FROM SCRATCH and not JUST in a single file that has a problem. If something is wrong in ONE FILE it is probably user error. Your first idea is always "Is this a bug? Is this a bug?". It doesn't matter if you are only ASKING "if" it is a bug, it is the fact that it's always a possible "bug" and not your lack of experience. You must be able to admit your own mistakes or you will never learn.

I would also suggest staying the heck away from scripting until you are a bit better with AS itself. Learn to walk before you run.

-vern
hothead

Post by hothead »

heyvern wrote:hothead,

If you could show us EXACTLY WHY you need to put a bone EXACTLY in the center of two points it might help us help you get the results you need. Sometimes you make things harder than they need to be. So if we know what you need we might have a better solution.

For example, to find the center of spline a real quick way is to use the "split curve" menu script (pro only sorry). Select two points, set the script to add 1 point and now you have a point exactly in the center even if the vectors curve all over the place.

------------------------------------------------------

I have noticed over the years that having a combative negative attitude when trying to learn something new will hold you back big time. Hothead and some others consider EVERY problem a potential bug without ever considering user error. At this stage of learning AS (or any application) you must always consider user error as the number 1 answer to 99% of your problems. Even if this is proven later to be incorrect, you still must assume it is more likely user error until you become more familiar with the application. Even after years of using Moho/AS I STILL make mistakes. Plenty of user errors in my work with AS.

The problem with a "combative" attitude to your tools is that you don't consider other possibilities. Everything is someone else's fault. You stop trying to learn and look for an easy way out. "It can't be me. It must be a bug."

Hothead, please try not to mention "bug" unless you are more sure of it and can reproduce the problem FROM SCRATCH and not JUST in a single file that has a problem. If something is wrong in ONE FILE it is probably user error. Your first idea is always "Is this a bug? Is this a bug?". It doesn't matter if you are only ASKING "if" it is a bug, it is the fact that it's always a possible "bug" and not your lack of experience. You must be able to admit your own mistakes or you will never learn.

I would also suggest staying the heck away from scripting until you are a bit better with AS itself. Learn to walk before you run.

-vern
ok vern by the ponysmasher create a script to solve this problem thanks again ponysmasher