switch layer images don't export to swf

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JohnArtbox

switch layer images don't export to swf

Post by JohnArtbox »

Hi
I'm working out a new workflow for a project and slowly getting different things into place. My current stumbling block is that on a test export of a switch layer (using image layers), the images didn't appear in the swf export. I've been through the manual and it doesn't list this as one of the export issues for flash.
Is it possible? Is there a setting I'm missing?
I'm currently using ASPro 6, although I'm happy to upgrade to 7 if that fixes the issue.
Imago

Post by Imago »

Swf don't support warped raster (PNG, BMP).
Be sure the layers don't been warped by bones but only rigged.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

nope....no bones in the test file, just dropped the image layers onto a single switch layer.
Imago

Post by Imago »

In this case I don't know how to solve...
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Genete

Re: switch layer images don't export to swf

Post by Genete »

JohnArtbox wrote:Hi
I'm working out a new workflow for a project and slowly getting different things into place. My current stumbling block is that on a test export of a switch layer (using image layers), the images didn't appear in the swf export. I've been through the manual and it doesn't list this as one of the export issues for flash.
Is it possible? Is there a setting I'm missing?
I'm currently using ASPro 6, although I'm happy to upgrade to 7 if that fixes the issue.
Double check the Flash export options:
http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/manual/i ... htips.html
-G
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

I've never gotten that to work either. I've alway had to animate the visibility of the layers instead.
There are a lot of hoops to jump through to get the flash export to work properly but anything to avoid animating in flash...

For my project I only needed one image layer visible at a time in the entire document so I wrote a script that turned off the visibility for every image layer except the selected one, which was set to on.
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

I just reread the options and switch layers are not mentioned. Image layers are ok as long as they are not warped by a bone layer. Since a switch layer doesn't warp the images is this a bug?
Images bound to a bone work perfectly in a flash file, they just can't be distorted.
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

Tech Support comes through...first time I've ever used them :)
Even though there were no bones in the test scene, you still need to uncheck the warp using bones box on each of the image layers.
I've since added bones to the scene and used bind layer on the switch layer and it works perfectly.
Very cool...and thanks to John Csaky at Smith Micro.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Aw man... That information could have saved me a lot of time a couple of months ago.

Thanks for taking the time to find that out though.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

If you're not afraid of diving into code, you can open a copy of your AS file in a text editor and batch edit a setting like "warp with bones" all in one go. Of course this attribute has a different name:

Code: Select all

parent_bone -1  is "don't warp"
parent_bone -3  is "warp"
parent_bone 0   is "bound to bone"
(can someone confirm this?)