Rendering with transparent background

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

theotherguy

Rendering with transparent background

Post by theotherguy »

Hi all, lately I've been experimenting making 'stop animation' out of frame grabs made from .PNG files, as the PNG files have transparent backgrounds is it possible to render something off in Anime and preserve the transparency? -

Right now I render it off with a blue background, import into my video editor, and key it. However, I can drop PNG files into the video editor and they have transparent backgrounds and look perfect.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

All you need ist the correct codec to choose.

Render with PNG codec, Millions+, this will preserve the alpha channel.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Try exporting to quicktime mov with million colors +, that's alpha channel on a video.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
theotherguy

Post by theotherguy »

Thanks folks. What finally worked was exporting as PNG, then, set up my video editor to import stills at 1/24th sec duration. It works fine although it took a trip to the forums to get my editor to let me choose anything but 1/30th
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

what selgin suggested works - if you dont have quicktime, you can download it - make sure you use 'million colours +' - the + is the alpha...