LostMarble and Smith Micro

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Peteroid

LostMarble and Smith Micro

Post by Peteroid »

What is the relationship? does SM own LM?

Did SM or LM create MOHO?

I guess I'm asking, who is officially responsible for the integrity of LUA Scripting in regards to AS?

That's enough acronyms for now...
[==Peter==]
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

This might help you with the creation and life of MOHO-Anime Studio although it does not explain the scripting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_Studio
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Peteroid

Post by Peteroid »

sbtamu wrote:This might help you with the creation and life of MOHO-Anime Studio although it does not explain the scripting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_Studio
Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunatley, what I'm looking for is the formal definition of how MOHO interfaces between LUA and ASP7.

For example, I can't find any information on a keyword called 'ScriptName'. While THIS variable's purpose is obvious, I'm sure that if I found a document describing it formally it would also have other 'hidden' information (i.e., I can't find any documentation for it), such as how to actually create a script THAT WORKS!!!! :)

In studying other people's code, it feels like there must be an undocumented 'Script' class... I see functions being defined that aren't called, yet have affect. This means there is some structure that uses them automatically if they are just defined. This is how polymorphism works in classes. I'm calling this 'structure' the 'Script' class. I'd bet that is precisely its name, or some variation (e.g., LM_Script or MohoScript).

But without any description of this Script class, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a Script that actually works.

And I have been asking in this forum for days now with almost no response... and those kind enough to respond keep pointing me back to the same source material that is incomplete (I feel like I'm in on the line with customer support and I keep getting sent back to the intro menu...lol)!

I'm getting quite frustrated by this... a lot of people have written scripts that work... did they just type random words till it worked? Or did they have some document that showed them the way? The first people didn't have example scripts... how did THEY write those first ones? Where did they get THEIR info?

The documents that are available as links here do NOT mention 'ScriptName', yet its role apparently is absolutely ESSENTIAL to create a script that WORKS!

I see functions that have the variable 'moho' as a parameter. But these functions are NEVER called! When I try to just put a variable named 'moho' in my code, it dies ON ENTRY TO ASP7!!!

How did anyone ever write the first script (other than the author of MOHO)?
[==Peter==]
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Peteroid wrote:a lot of people have written scripts that work... did they just type random words till it worked? Or did they have some document that showed them the way? The first people didn't have example scripts... how did THEY write those first ones? Where did they get THEIR info?
I Googled for LUA tutorials, downloaded the script documentation and looked at lots of other scripts.

When I got stuck with something I searched the forums and if I didn't find anything I made a thread about it.

However the search function on this forum is not very good so I searched the forum using google like this:
get position of a point site:lostmarble.com/forum

That will force google to only get results from this site.

I also downloaded the 6.1 scripting interfaces document for some of the newer stuff.

Well, that's how I did it.