ASPro 6 - HD Rendering artifacts

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JohnArtbox

ASPro 6 - HD Rendering artifacts

Post by JohnArtbox »

I'm outputting a project in HD and getting some small white rendering artifacts- white dots and small white lines. Is this common, and/or does ASPro 7.1 fix it? The project has a lot of large bitmaps, but the artifacts are occurring over vector objects.
An y ideas?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

This happened to me too when I upgraded from AS5 to AS7. Can't remember if it was switch layer vectors or just point motion vectors that sometimes left the white artifact. But if I'm remembering correctly, the problem went away when I exported with the quicktime animation setting.
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

Unfortunately this didn't fix it. I wasn't going to swap versions half way through a project but I'll test version 7 before I start the next project.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Very thin white lines appear on the outline of the shapes when you use the masking effect and select exclude strokes.
This has to be fixed.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I am also getting white horizontal lines in HD renders in pro 7 , not mask related.
Yawn
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

i think have had those white lines over my vector shapes as well, what i do to solve it is to delete the shape and then create the shape again.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

PARKER wrote:i think have had those white lines over my vector shapes as well, what i do to solve it is to delete the shape and then create the shape again.
I'm not sure, but I think that problem is because you painted a shape without selecting all the necessary points.
This is common when one point of the future shape is out of the screen. For some reason AS assumes that the selected points cover a shape even when you don't select that out of the screen point.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel