Problem with lines of drawing

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Problem with lines of drawing

Post by JoelMayer »

Hi!

Ive started playing around with Anime Studio Pro again. I'm trying to make a Girl, but there seem to be a problem with my outlines. Its like underneath my colored line there's another, black line or something. Do you guys maybe know, how to get rid of it?

Thanks a ton!

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It looks like you have 2 outlines on top of each other. Try and create again from scratch, but un-check "auto-fill" and "auto-outline".
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

darn, now that i finally got a hang on the drawing workflow :) Thanks for your reply ill try that!

By the way, would you suggest to make the mouth on a seperate layer? maybe with the chin so it can move with it? i really would like to have the jaw move with the mouth but im not sure, which way would be best to accomplish that.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

If you separate mouth and chin from the face you could put it into a switch layer for dialogue or expressions. Depends on what you want to do with that scene.

Forgot to mention that you always can select the shape and delete it without deleting the construction curves, thus savong you fropm re-doing everything.

A workflow tip: I create nearly everything on its own layer first, because I find it easier to select and change things. Later when design is finished I might copy stuff into one layer. This only requires that I don't use any layer translate tools while designing.
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Thanks for the tip, it would be great if i could delete those lines without redrawing the whole thing... trouble is: i tried pretty much everything but i cant seem to get them deleted! how do i do that?
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

Use the select shape tool (the button that looks like a bean with an arrow next to it - shortcut Q) select your stroke or filled shape (it is highlighted with a checkerboard pattern) and then hit delete on the keyboard. The construction lines will stay visible.
Neillydubh

Post by Neillydubh »

Use the shape select tool to select the head shape, uncheck the Stroke option in the style pallete and you'll be left with the filled shape drawn over the original black lines.
While the shape is still selected, go to the Draw menu and select 'lower to back', the fill will then go below those original black lines. Use the shape select tool to select those black lines and hit delete.
Turn the stroke back on and you've got a clean head shape without the black outline.

As mentioned above, do your drawing with the autostroke option switched off and you won't have this problem.

viewtopic.php?t=17408&highlight=
This should explain what's going on and why drawing with autostroke switched on isn't a good idea.
I didn't get to where I am today.