No Groups ? Wrongly bought Digital not Physical

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ekulis

No Groups ? Wrongly bought Digital not Physical

Post by ekulis »

I'm trying to follow this tutorial -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtzTulTstS8 --

I can't find out how to group layers. I just bought Anime Studio Pro 7 and it's looking like there are 2 different products Digital and Physical. This is not at all clear in the About message nor is it clear on the Web site which to buy. I"m not sure there are 2 products even.

So, how do I create groups as in the tutorial. I've got a support question in to ask about this. Or how do I get the proper product and a refund.

I must say to Mike Clifton, Sarina DuPont, Randy Birch and Violet Antervassian that I'm having a really bad first experience with this. If there are 2 products then there really should be a clear indication of that in the About box.

And it's ruined the fun I was going to have with this until business hours.

And if there are 2 products, then all the tutorializers expect you to read their minds since they don't mention what you need for to follow along.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

There are two products: Debut and Pro.
Debut hasn't group layers, so it hasn't physics neither. Probably you have Debut version.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I don't have the Debut version, but I believe the bone layer can serve the same function as a group layer.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

neeters_guy wrote:I don't have the Debut version, but I believe the bone layer can serve the same function as a group layer.
Yes, it's similar in most of the cases, but one big difference is you can't use physics only using bone layers.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Wena Parry

Post by Wena Parry »

I wonder if you (ekulis) mean that when you came to download your AS 7 that you where presented with the choice of "digital and Physical". The digital is the downloadable, and the Physical is the option of getting your software supplied on disc.

Now the second problem you say is not knowing how to produce a "Group layers", that is easy, at the pull dawn manue where you get the choice of vector layer or image just go down the list to one called "Group" that will give you the group layer. To put other layers into the group, the easiest way it to put your cursor on you new layer as you produce then and start dragging it up towards the "Group Layer" you should then see a red highlight that indicts it in the group. When then you close the group layer you will see that all the ordinary layers is inside the group.

Wena
ekulis

No problem. Simply my inexperience and Gremlins

Post by ekulis »

Hi,
Thanks for your answers.

What my problem was is that you can only add layers at Time Point 0. So not having the eye I didn' notice that the mysterious add layer gray out only occured when the time marker wasn't at zero.

Newbie disorientation. I believe the bouncing Fred tutorial mentioned the special ness of time marker 0, but I didn't remember it so when I read the answers the first time they didn't correspond to what I was seeing until I set time marker to zero.

-ed
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

At one time with AS you could add anything on any frame. But 99.9% of the time you will want to add it on frame zero.

If you want something to appear in the animation you could add it on the frame needed. OR the right way, add at frame zero and hide until the frame needed. All to often I would start drawing and realize that I'm not on frame zero.

Dale