Anime Studio Video Training course???

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

digitalartguru

Anime Studio Video Training course???

Post by digitalartguru »

Hello Folks,

Has anyone purchased the Anime Studio video course at Animationtrainer.com? I am trying to decide if I should invest in it as a gift to someone.

How is the training? Is it pretty basic or advanced?

If you are familiar with the training, I would appreciate any input. I need to know before I can recommend it to someone.

Thanks!
Last edited by digitalartguru on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

No one? It must not be that popular. :shock:
barryem

Post by barryem »

I've looked at it a couple of times and I'm bothered by his claims that he's not a salesman as part of his high pressure (if low key) pitch.

The first time I went there I decided to take a chance anyway come payday but when I clicked out of the screen it wouldn't let me close it. That made me decide not to take a chance.

The course may be great but his pitch is a huckster's pitch and that makes me wonder about the product.

Barry
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

barryem wrote:I've looked at it a couple of times and I'm bothered by his claims that he's not a salesman as part of his high pressure (if low key) pitch.

The first time I went there I decided to take a chance anyway come payday but when I clicked out of the screen it wouldn't let me close it. That made me decide not to take a chance.

The course may be great but his pitch is a huckster's pitch and that makes me wonder about the product.

Barry
Thanks Barry.
I am having my doubts too. It makes me wonder why a lot of people here never purchased it. I thought I was going to get a lot of replies on this here.
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

Exactly the same reason as Barryem.
I was 50/50 so intended to have a think and that final pop-up, on closing the window made the decision for me.
animataur

Post by animataur »

Hey digitalartguru,

Go to his youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cartoonlearning Those videos are examples of the tutorials he will teach you.

I personally would not pay to use his course, but I could see how it might advantage someone very new to the software.

Anyway, take a look.
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

animataur wrote:Hey digitalartguru,

Go to his youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cartoonlearning Those videos are examples of the tutorials he will teach you.

I personally would not pay to use his course, but I could see how it might advantage someone very new to the software.

Anyway, take a look.
Thanks for the link. I won't be buying.
Last edited by digitalartguru on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Wow, I thought I was the only one put off by the uninvited pop up!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

vtc.com has video training on AS
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

InfoCentral wrote:vtc.com has video training on AS
The VTC video training is old training, but it can be helpful for beginners.
winknotes

Post by winknotes »

These are some of the best tutorials I found as a beginner. I have no idea who this guy is or if he hangs out here on the forum or anything about him really, but the tuts are thorough. I will say there is one missing in the section about doing a project, but otherwise excellent and clear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/animationfun101
Steve Winkler

Anime Studio Pro 6.2
Windows 7 64-bit
Dust

animationtrainer

Post by Dust »

Thanks Winknotes
I took a look at your link and there seems to be no end of anime Studio tutorials. That is great.
Actually I did subscribe to the animationtrainer program and I did pick up a few good points and tips. The quality of the material is pretty good, mostly in HD. However as someone stated, it is mostly for complete beginners and I was hoping to get more in depth info.
I am hoping for more in depth info in the bonus module, which is only activated after a certain time period in order to prevent people running of with the authors work. I have no trouble with that.
I found working with animationtrainer altogether quite helpful since it appears that the admin is quite faithful to answer my questions soon and correct. I have send him some of my work which he promptly corrected and gave advice too. This to me is a real help as I have found it very advantageous to have someone I could personnaly bring my Anime troubles too.
Greetings Dust
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Looks like Mark Bremmer is finishing his vtc series in asp7.

viewtopic.php?t=12524&start=30
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

Hold on... the animationfun101 tutorials on youtube... aren't they the VTC AS V5 videos or am I missing something?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

tonyg wrote:Hold on... the animationfun101 tutorials on youtube... aren't they the VTC AS V5 videos or am I missing something?
I believe they are!