Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Would you be interested to pay 29.95 USD for a full set of video tutorials on character animation in Anime Studio?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes
57%
No
21%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 28
InfoCentral

Re: Character Animation Video Tutorial Series

Post by InfoCentral »

Ronbo wrote:Does anyone have more recent news about Gilles?
From what I can get from his Facebook Page he seems to be busy working in Photoshop and Blender.
Last edited by InfoCentral on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Theo22

Re:

Post by Theo22 »

F.M. wrote:A member of the other forum reported that he found out, that Gilles suffered a major stroke a couple of months ago, and that he is recovering.

I hope he makes a full recovery!

Does anybody knows how Gilles is doing now?
InfoCentral

Re: Re:

Post by InfoCentral »

Theo22 wrote:Does anybody knows how Gilles is doing now?
I don't know what you mean by "now" but this Blender image for his Facebook page was posted 2 weeks ago (08/30/12).

Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

ruscular3d wrote:
Ronbo wrote:Does anyone have more recent news about Gilles? His presence on this forum is missed . . . he was always very generous in sharing his expertise and helping people resolve their issues. I admit that I was really looking forward to his tutorial series, but I was so sorry to hear about his stroke and just wish there was some way that we could let him know that we wish him a speedy recovery.
I am wondering how he is doing!
I am reminded often about Frank Franzetta career when he suffer multiple stroke and he switch from his right hand to his left hand to paint. Anything is possible!

I been around many forum such as this and surprisingly this avenue of business sitting at a chair for long hours animating on the computer and the number of people suffering from a stroke or blood clot in the legs. This is a concern that I have thought about and why its important to move around and keep active. One time the forum had a take a picture of your work station thread and more than half of them had a soda pop and junk food on the desk. Then I went to the Computer convention in San Diego and saw the number of huge belly in the middle of most of us animator attending the convention. It's one thing to see others you don't know and think that if they don't take better care of their health that this would not be good. But when you know someone you really care about and build a camaraderie of years of exchanging ideas and brainstorming over problems. It hit you a little harder in the noggin and heart. I hope he can come back, because I know this was his heart and passion. For the rest of you, I hope that you have consider having a healthy lifestyle plan to compliment hours of sitting, even while making animation your passion. I hope I don't sound preachy, and I realize that everyone has a right to live how they want to, but I don't think anyone plans to have a stroke. And dang it! Gilles is a great contributor and a friend. I don't want to lose any more of you! This is a great caring loving forum!
Great post. Yeah, between years of writing, and now animating, I have to keep this in mind. Maybe it's time to go the way of oil painters and stand while working :) Now I'm thinking about Bob Ross. Will check out that software as well.
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Am I correct that if someone pre-paid/pre-ordered this, we're SOL??
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Well hello everyone!

Been a while since I posted, and I see that there was quite a bit of drama on the forum since my last post.

First of, for those who have not been informed, I had several stokes several months ago, We all got a big scare out of this, especially my wife Chloe, and although I am getting better, I am still under heavy medication at the time being.

I also lost quite a bit of motor skills and have a speech impairmant, especially with english, but this is also getting better and We hope that things will go back to normal (as much as possible) in the coming months.

I understand that there was a bit of concern about a project I had about making a video set on teaching anime studio, well, I am not able to undertake or finish such a project for now, but I will make good on those who put their confidence in me, just will take a little longer then expected, heck, I started relearning animation using my own tutorials, which tells allot!

And yes, I have been playing with Blender recently as Softimage just does not make any sense to me anymore, and I try to regain some of the skills I used to have, and although I am just messing, it is helping me regain more clarity and it helps me change my minds about things!

I will not post often here, at least not for a while, as I need help typing for now, but I will get back to it as soon as possible.

Gilles
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

It's so good to hear from you again, Gilles! I had heard that you had suffered a stroke, but I did not know it was several strokes.

As much as I was looking forward to your tutorial set, I must say that regaining your health is far, far more important. I wish you the best with your recovery!

Ron
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Good to see you back again Gilles! :D
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Yes Gilles it's such a relief to hear from you again and know you are recovering. Fantastic news :D
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Its good to see you back with us Gills. Glad to hear that your recovery is coming along and progressing well. I see you have been dabbling with Blender lately. I use Modo and Lightwave myself but with the recent prices going way up I and thinking of keeping 3D Coat and adding Blender myself. Don't be a stranger. We would like to hear from you when you are able.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hey Gilles - good to hear from you! and my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

It's great to hear that you are doing better, and I want to wish you a full recovery!
"and then Man created god!"
hnguyen

Post by hnguyen »

Yes, it's great to hear from you Giles. Hope that tough time is behind you.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

thank peoples
Genete

Post by Genete »

My best wishes for your quick and full recovery. It will be a hard journey but with persistence you can achieve whatever you want.
-G