Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

onurdemirsoy

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by onurdemirsoy »

That was brilliant. Thanks :)
chucky wrote:It looks like I was misquoted above, never mind.
Yes I do agree with you about the oddities of the curves in AS, I don't think it's a misunderstanding, I know your frustration.
Sometimes you get wiggles in the shape that are also a chore to control.
What you can do.... is split the curve with the split script and delete the shape fill using the x tool , reshape by intersecting the shape with a line through one of the curves added points from the split you did. yawn, Then once the shape is right select the shape and use the reduce points script then fill he shape but keep the invisible points that make the shape correct.

Yeah not the best way of working. Just do as quick as you can and try and forget it happened, walk it off. :lol:
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

After the webinar yesterday, I got excited and submitted some new threads on the feature request area of the forum.

I'll probably add more soon, but I thought I'd put a list in this topic too. I really want you (the developers) to see them while I have tons of fun with the new ASP9 tools.

Very important:
Seperate X Y Z channels for the camera
Frame 0
Improved .ai and fonts support
A properly working "lock bone" tool

Not as important but would be sweet:
Multi touch support
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I would like the option to show the bone name as a label and the ability to change the colour of the bones

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

jezjones29 wrote:I would like the option to show the bone name as a label and the ability to change the colour of the bones

I totally agree
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
chucky

Post by chucky »

Wanted bone colours for years. :)
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

How about when you click on Gradient in the styles menu, the color you have selected is automatically one of the colors/handles in the gradient instead of the default black and white.
Adam
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

drumlug13 wrote:How about when you click on Gradient in the styles menu, the color you have selected is automatically one of the colors/handles in the gradient instead of the default black and white.
Yeah, that does annoy me a bit...
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

drumlug13 wrote:How about when you click on Gradient in the styles menu, the color you have selected is automatically one of the colors/handles in the gradient instead of the default black and white.
I used a lot of gradients in the past and they are VERY tedious to work with. So thumbs up for your suggestion.
I would go further though.
I would like the gradient dialog integrated into AS pro so you can use the picker tool or the swatch tool to select grad colours. rather than having to select colours, open them up, copy the hex value and then open up the grad dialog and paste the hex.

I would also love to be able to see the gradient stations (the two circles and line that appears when the fill is selected) in the onion skin mode so we can effectively animate the fills.

....Actually an upgrade of the colour and style system would make me happy indeed :-)
Last edited by Squeakydave on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

....Actually an upgrade of the colour and system would make me happy indeed :-)
That I'm afraid might have to wait till V10 :cry: I think this version was all about animation and timeline tools and pretty darned good some of them are too .
I have wanted a work over to the shape and style for some time, it is great to hear other useful suggestions, some of these are really great.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

chucky wrote:That I'm afraid might have to wait till V10 :cry: I think this version was all about animation and timeline tools and pretty darned good some of them are too
I couldn't agree more. I just rigged my first character with 9 and I love it. I'm happy with the progress and direction of AS 9.
Adam
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Agreed. V9 has brought me back in to the fold. I can't wait for the improvements V10 could possibly bring :D
pihms

Post by pihms »

On import and exporting, I would like to HTML5 supported. That is the way the web world is going, it will be compatible with all platforms and with Adobe phasing out Flash this seems like a logical step.

I would also like to see other formats supported like those found in Toon Boom. I was wondering if that is an expense road to take for the makers of Anime Studio. Is there a cost to getting the license for some of those formats to import and export in the program? :?:
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

pihms wrote:On import and exporting, I would like to HTML5 supported. That is the way the web world is going, it will be compatible with all platforms and with Adobe phasing out Flash this seems like a logical step.

I would also like to see other formats supported like those found in Toon Boom. I was wondering if that is an expense road to take for the makers of Anime Studio. Is there a cost to getting the license for some of those formats to import and export in the program? :?:
HTML5 is definitely something on the horizon.

As with supporting other formats, it really depends on each software program but generally to use someone else's SDK in your application will usually cost money.
oakesy

Post by oakesy »

Unless already mentioned in previous request. Could the software designer create an automatic save warning after five minutes or in built setup where the program saves every 5 10 20 unattended minutes. This would prevent mishaps of crashes losing lots of work or accidental loss of work.
A smile is better than a punch even when you want to.

Regards John from Merry England.

MacPro and proud.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

jezjones29 wrote:I had this posted in another thread but just wanted to add my voice here :D

1. Exposed Handles
2. Perspective tool - useful when creating backgrounds etc.
3. Guide Lines - which can be turned on and off and moved with ease
4. Rulers
5. Text Layer - text placed on this layer can be re-edited quickly, the insert text box that AS8 has now would be part of the Layer settings, so fonts can be changed quickly from a tab and all the fonts in that layer would be updated.

6. Another feature that would be good would be the ability to align layers, objects or even points.

I would also like to see some improvements made to the styles.
7. I think we should be able to share styles between projects - i.e styles could be stored in a shared library. So that my skin,hair etc style can be the same in all projects
8. There should be a way to create a style for just line widths as a style - not effecting line colour.
9. The drop down menu for saved styles doesn't work with big projects, there is no order and becomes difficult if there are lots of styles.
10. 3D objects should have styles too
11. We should be able to add more than just 2 effects and 2 styles to each object.

Other things I would like to see:
12. It looks like MotionArtist will be able to output to HTML5 so it would be good if Anime Studio could too.
13. Rotoscoping and stop motion abilities
14. Better motion blur
15. Ability to save work space layouts, panels + cameras - I like to have a top down, side and front view, but setting this up each time is a real pain.
16. Ability to set light source in 3D scenes
17. Ability to clone objects - so that If I create one cloud and clone it, then make a change to one of the clouds, then all other clouds will be updated too.
18. Absolute locked bone - so that a locked bone can't move (I know there is a script for this)
19. Better drawing tools - like those in Flash
See, I really like this idea! :D
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group