Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

coatsiecoates

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by coatsiecoates »

Selection of child/sublayer timeline keyframes.

In the way that one can make a new keyframe and add keyframes to all of the sublayers, it would be amazing if one could specify a begin and end portion within the timeline, and select ALL the keyframes within that timeline including the sublayers for copying and pasting.

Similar to a DAW, where one can isolate the chorus of a song, copy it, and paste it elsewhere.
chucky

Post by chucky »

coatsiecoates wrote:Selection of child/sublayer timeline keyframes.

In the way that one can make a new keyframe and add keyframes to all of the sublayers, it would be amazing if one could specify a begin and end portion within the timeline, and select ALL the keyframes within that timeline including the sublayers for copying and pasting.

Similar to a DAW, where one can isolate the chorus of a song, copy it, and paste it elsewhere.
You can do that now by making an action from the mainline if you isolate ' the chorus' you can then paste it and all its child actions just like in a DAW.
I do it all the time.
Look into the actions, they are super useful and will solve your problems for the meantime.
coatsiecoates

Post by coatsiecoates »

I haven't figured out how to copy all the layers in one motion. Do you have to copy each child and paste individually? If so, I feel like a script to select all child keyframes at the time of the parent selection might be a relatively simple task.
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

Jared H means this:

Open the action window and make a new action. Then using the button commands on the top of the action window "Insert copy" of the mainline into the new action. This will copy over everything. Top level bones and sub layer point animation, everything.

Then I would isolate the frame or frames of animation you want, move it to start at frame 1 (I use the copy frame tool), and finally delete the unneeded remaining animation.

Now you have an action that you can drop into any frame of your main line.

On the plus side, you can be sure you got all sub layers. And you have an action that can be reused. On the down side it takes multiple steps to do.

It would be nice and time effective to have a top channel that is a "Whole body key" that lets you select a single key frame in the main line and move it or copy and paste it to teak timing without having to move all bone and point layers separately to get the same effect, or using the action route or the copy key frame tool from the drop down menu.

Hope this helps,

Glen
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Darken and Lighten layer blending mode. This modes give ability to mask a shadows on a fill without overwriting or changing strokes color if shadow darken then fill but lighten then stroke.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Paint Bucket Close Gaps feature. This basic feature have all another 2d animation softwares, but not ASP (Moho).
Last edited by KuzKuz on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Glen Crowell wrote:Open the action window and make a new action. Then using the button commands on the top of the action window "Insert copy" of the mainline into the new action. This will copy over everything. Top level bones and sub layer point animation, everything.

Then I would isolate the frame or frames of animation you want, move it to start at frame 1 (I use the copy frame tool), and finally delete the unneeded remaining animation.

Now you have an action that you can drop into any frame of your main line
That reminds me, I wish we had a Duplicate Action command, either in right-click or button form. Many times, I want want to edit an exiting Action into a new one, and Duplicate would do in one click what we now have to do in several steps.

EDIT: Actually, adding only the right-click command would do, no need for the button version.

After some thought, a button command might be pointless because it would still require you to select the Action in a separate step, and save you only 1 step. Plus, it just adds clutter to the button bar.

A right-click command, however, wouldn't require you To select the Action in a separate step--just right-click Duplicate Action directly over an Action and then start editing the duplicate.

Not a big deal I guess...just a little more convenient.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I just bought and downloaded Moho Pro 12. First of all thank you for this awesome application. I really love the new name, logo and new features.
You are so nice guys and did nearly all things I asked before here: http://tinyurl.com/jkh843c and here: http://tinyurl.com/jesc8w2

Thank you so much again.
I really appreciate so much if you will add these features for the next release:

1- Motion Blur for Camera Movements (Especially for Zoom in, Zoom out and Pan)
2- More Stroke Align Options Like Illustrator (Stroke Align Inside, Stroke Align Outside, Stroke Align Center)
3- Align and Distribute Shapes
4- Distribute Layers
5- Lock Layers
6- Able To Resize and Undock Swatches Panel (Swatches panel looks so tiny on 2K and bigger screens. Hard to select colors)
7- Able To Make Show Output Only Completely Opaque Black
8- Switch Selection Thumbnails (Like this guy asked. Really a nice idea: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19689&start=525#p156847)
9- Smart Objects (Well reference layers help us so much but I would like to add more points to the main vector layer and able to change all reference layers at the same time)
10- Arrange Styles Alphabetically
12- Maybe this is a personel request but it is a dream for me to work with my iPad Pro so I want iOs app so much.

These are all I can ask from you for now. I cant imagine anything more :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:5- Lock Layers
This can be done with scripting. viewtopic.php?p=167236#p167236
This can be done in the Editor Colors preferences.
8- Switch Selection Thumbnails (Like this guy asked. Really a nice idea: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19689&start=525#p156847)
Have you tried the new switch selection window?
9- Smart Objects (Well reference layers help us so much but I would like to add more points to the main vector layer and able to change all reference layers at the same time)
You can already do this when updating reference layers.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Thank you so much for a quick reply. I didn't know that it is possible to make "show output only" completely opaque :) Really useful.
I will also use lock layers script.

I tried the new Switch Selection panel but it only show one switch layer at a time. Able to view all of them with tiny thumbs would be a nice update and useful.

And about smart objects, yes you can create a reference layer and all reference layers updates when you make changes to the main layer. But what about drawing a new line to the main layer? It won't update the reference layer. I was talking about something like this.

synthsin75 wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:5- Lock Layers
This can be done with scripting. viewtopic.php?p=167236#p167236
This can be done in the Editor Colors preferences.
Have you tried the new switch selection window?
You can already do this when updating reference layers.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:And about smart objects, yes you can create a reference layer and all reference layers updates when you make changes to the main layer. But what about drawing a new line to the main layer? It won't update the reference layer. I was talking about something like this.
Right-click a reference layer, select "Update Layer Reference...", and check "Replace mismatched vectors" in the dialog.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

synthsin75 wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:And about smart objects, yes you can create a reference layer and all reference layers updates when you make changes to the main layer. But what about drawing a new line to the main layer? It won't update the reference layer. I was talking about something like this.
Right-click a reference layer, select "Update Layer Reference...", and check "Replace mismatched vectors" in the dialog.
Wow nice. Thanks so much.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I found 2 new ideas about Moho. I think it would be great to have these features.

1- Auto Save

It would be very nice to have an option to auto save files in 5, 10, 15 or 30 mins. It would be helpful if an electric failure happens. Content folder could be used for this feature.

2- Save Preferences To a File or Cloud

I am not sure maybe this feature exists. Are preferences saved to a folder automatically?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:I found 2 new ideas about Moho. I think it would be great to have these features.

1- Auto Save

It would be very nice to have an option to auto save files in 5, 10, 15 or 30 mins. It would be helpful if an electric failure happens. Content folder could be used for this feature.

I am not sure maybe this feature exists. Are preferences saved to a folder automatically?
1. I wrote an incrementing auto-save script that you can set how often it saves and how many files: https://sites.google.com/site/synthsin/ ... ects=0&d=1

2. The preferences are stored to here (Win 8...unhide folders to find it): C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Moho Pro\12\Moho Pro12.user.settings
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Thank you so much.
synthsin75 wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:I found 2 new ideas about Moho. I think it would be great to have these features.

1- Auto Save

1. I wrote an incrementing auto-save script that you can set how often it saves and how many files: https://sites.google.com/site/synthsin/ ... ects=0&d=1

2. The preferences are stored to here (Win 8...unhide folders to find it): C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Moho Pro\12\Moho Pro12.user.settings