Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lwaxana

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by lwaxana »

This will pair nicely with the parabola script you created - thank you, hayasidist! Have you used them together? And Moho could use this as a starting point for the chart tool. :)
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

lwaxana wrote:This will pair nicely with the parabola script you created -... Have you used them together? ...
yes -- and any other of the drawing tools in my "shape" tool ... and it should (still) work on a closed loop path but I haven't tried on moho12 yet. I'll have a look at updating / extending it for moho12 if there's enough interest (there weren't that many downloads of the AS V11 version)
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Quick and easy one that would save my sanity: Please allow the hand tool to grab and scroll the timeline! I get tired of hunting for the little scroll bar. Also would be very useful in the graph editor. :D Thanks!

-edit: oh I see. Right click. Nevermind. :roll:
chucky

Post by chucky »

I'll have a look at updating / extending it for moho12 if there's enough interest (there weren't that many downloads of the AS V11 version)
Good scripts and the future development of MOho.... here's a thing.
One of the reasons why I try to have as few scripts as possible ( even when I love them) is that you can really fall in love with them and become a functioning dependent.
Then when a new Version of moho hits, the scripts don't work and you are stranded.

That's why the dev's should really take not of the really great ones and roll them in.

This one is great, Dkroots flip and mirror points great ( not for 12) and Mike Kelleys' 'Swiss Army bones' is something that the program should absorb, I can't work without it, really , none of the new action and loop improvements can hold a light to that little beauty. HI infinity engine is awesome as well but is for an old version too.
Akreyi

Moho Most Wanted Update

Post by Akreyi »

3d vector+3dbone +texture
more style for render
light and shadow for 3d vector
improve 2d shadow and light not just cycle
smart system for chart and inbtween
chrom key support
motion graphic 2d effect pack or new tools for that
element pack like after effect
copy shape keyframe to another shape like copy bone keyframe
improve focus in 3d space
improve effect like rain etc.
improve character wizard
copy animation like crazy talk Human Motion Library
write your idea for future of moho
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

Hi, an easy but productive tweak to Moho would be:

When making a new Smart bone action, like a joint bend, by default Auto freeze is turned off in the action and default interpolation is set to linear.

This would be a big help, like the "make new Smart bone" comand. Especially for new users who get frustrated making 'User Error' mistakes and think it's the program.

Maybe even a dialouge box that let's you set the default interpolation and autofreeze settings for smart bone actions.

Thanks for listening!

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE auto freeze for bones. In fact I wish it were available as check box when doing point animation as well.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Glen Crowell wrote:Hi, an easy but productive tweak to Moho would be:
When making a new Smart bone action, like a joint bend, by default Auto freeze is turned off in the action
I can't test it right now, but I have the idea Auto-Freeze is not available (or at least it doesn't work) when you are inside of a Smart Bone action.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

Bone Strength Tool available for child groups as well. Since it is possible with the the Manipulate Bone Tool, this would be a good idea to add so that you won't keep having to switch back and fourth between parent and child layers to test your movements.
hano

Post by hano »

Proper Unity and Unreal Engine support would be a huge deal for Moho.
superon

Post by superon »

just a quick one, the OP states "More Pro based features" as a recurring comment, i'd like that redacted to "More features" as this doesn't lend itself so readily to having features from debut relocated/sequestrated in order to fulfil a quota...
also on the point of "Less frequent version upgrades " i'm sure this must have been mentioned in this thread but why does the team (or yourself) feel version upgrades even need to happen? it seems to me that this isn't benefitting the community... feeling salty after recently being forced by "support" to purchase moho12 rather than fix the issue i was having with anime studio 8 because that version is no longer being supported.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

superon wrote:feeling salty after recently being forced by "support" to purchase moho12 rather than fix the issue i was having with anime studio 8 because that version is no longer being supported.
That's how all software companies work. You don't see Adobe, Toon Boom, Maya, etc. still offering development support for old versions.
Noisefever

Post by Noisefever »

Dithering for gradients!

I runned lately in some really annoying color gradation (seeing the color crossings as steps) and it took me 2 hours to realize that this is a color space problem and Photoshop does this better by dithering.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, that's going to happen with Moho's limited color depth. Besides dithering, I hope they will add options for higher bit levels (maybe floating point even) in the future so we don't get banding at all. Currently, Moho has the lowest color depth compared to other animation and compositing programs I use, which occasionally poses a problem for us since almost everything else is rendered at a higher color depth.

Anyway, If I do see any banding in a Moho render, I can usually 'fix' it in compositing by adding a little noise there.

Typically, banding occurs in the background sky or under water, and when I have these elements with full depth, I can just use that version in compositing rather than re-rendering it out from Moho.

But if you must render it out of Moho without banding, maybe you can add a tiny bit of noise to the element in Layer Settings? I think that may be the only option for now.
chucky

Post by chucky »

More noise options all round would be really helpful I think.

If we could actually add it to the gradient settings ?
If the noise could have a much greater range, Gaussian, perlin etc. etc with scale and intensity settings .

I think more noise setting other channels too, vector noise could be greatly enhanced from the one basic noise pattern.

Even in animation ,including the interpolation to make more subtle or fluid noise animation .

Basically ANY function with noise needs to be expanded to a mature level of customisation.

:D :D :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

Oh and while your at it ...
this... :wink: