Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Klywon

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by Klywon »

Now I am really losing it with the new Moho 12... it just crashes whenever it wants and the autosave file get corrupted EVERY TIME. It's like you're doing your scene but from time to time you get to jump 30 mins of your work backwards because when you're really into it, you don't remember to save manyally every 5 minutes. What's the freaking point of autosave, if it corrupts the files??

The window won't stay focused, the viewport is laggy, the whole software is just a MESS compared to what it used to be. Here's my one and only suggestion for future developement of the software: please make it usable again. You really screwed it up the last time.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Turn off Autosave from the Preferences. IMO, nobody should use Autosave in 12.2. It doesn't just corrupt project files, it appears to cause the crashes.

After we disabled Autosave in 12.2, Moho has been very stable for us in daily use.

I'm told that the developers are aware and working on the problem.

Re: the lagging, maybe the graphics driver needs updating? FWIW, I haven't experienced any lagging here at home or on my computer at work. Well, I guess there's a lag when I use a 'press-hold' command, so I usually just avoid that. Otherwise, Moho has been very responsive for us at work.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

How about a "Copy Previous Keyframe" and a "Copy Future Keyframe" option whenever you right click a Keyframe?

The idea behind this is to copy and paste past or future keyframes where the current time is. Its useful for preventing floating keyframe. Often, I'd Have to go back and fix manually find them, which is always 1 keyframe away from the one I'm working on. Also, probably would be great if it worked on multi keyframe too if you are using the pose to pose method.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's a great idea! I'm always having to do that.
wr3yth

Post by wr3yth »

it would be great if we could move the bones that getting x and y from another bone.
I
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

wr3yth wrote:it would be great if we could move the bones that getting x and y from another bone.
have you used bone constraint / position control bone? that allows one bone's position to be controlled by another in the same bone layer. Or use a layerscript for bones in different layers as in this example: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31302&p=178053&#p178053
Sisokels

Post by Sisokels »

Moho 12.4 pro version simply keeps crashing ALL the time,

Hardly can one get any work done without re-starting moho many times.

I use a Brand new HP Envy system core i7, 64GB, windows 10

Moho as wonderful as it is, is quite a pain in the neck!

Kindly fix the frequent crashes

see example today, I've had over 15 rashes in the past 90 mins alone,
cant get no work done

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zZb2U ... StCR507MDf
Sisokels

Post by Sisokels »

Klywon wrote:Now I am really losing it with the new Moho 12... it just crashes whenever it wants and the autosave file get corrupted EVERY TIME. It's like you're doing your scene but from time to time you get to jump 30 mins of your work backwards because when you're really into it, you don't remember to save manyally every 5 minutes. What's the freaking point of autosave, if it corrupts the files??

The window won't stay focused, the viewport is laggy, the whole software is just a MESS compared to what it used to be. Here's my one and only suggestion for future developement of the software: please make it usable again. You really screwed it up the last time.
I've had about 15 crashes with Moho today alone, in the past 90 minutes.
I'm sick and tired of it.
Such a great software that Smith Micro cannot shapen to perform better.
As much as I love Moho. I'm seriously considering another software
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Are you sure you're using the latest version?

12.0 to 12.2 could be crashy if you have Auto-save enabled. Turning it off makes it much more stable.

12.3-12.4 solved the Auto-save problem. With these releases, Moho has been very stable with Auto-save enabled.

Regarding corrupted Auto-save, we haven't seen this problem after 12.3 came out, but we still never rely on this feature alone. We always make manual incremental backups when working on a project, and we also have Windows Previous Versions enabled. Between these three systems, we never lose work here because of a crash. (We do this for all programs, not just Moho.)

Anyway, at the studio where I work, we've been using version 12 in TV production for well over a year now without any major problems, so it shouldn't be the software.

Also, make sure you're using the latest graphics driver for your computer.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, double post.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just wondering, is there anything specific that you're doing that causes a crash? I can try to replicate it here and If it can be confirmed as a legitimate bug, I can submit a report.

The only recent crash I can think of happened the other day when I was importing a complex animated background into a project with three animated characters. This crash happened consistently and I was about to report it. Then I thought to reverse the order and import the three animated characters to the background project, and that worked perfectly.

Other than that, Moho Pro 12.4 has been pretty solid here and I use it nearly every day with seldom crashing.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the biggest problem I have with crashes on a 64bit system is particles -- duplicate a particle layer and that's almost a guaranteed crash. (that bug is logged - 39614)

on a 32bit win10 system (there's one that I have to use when I'm out and about) Moho falls over with "big" files - the same file is fine on a 64bit system.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

When we're in drawing phases it would be really cool if we could delete single points with the Control + X shortcut.

I noticed that when two or more points are selected Control + X works fine deleting points. You can even go the long way via the drop down menu: Edit> Cut
But when there is only one single point selected, Control + X doesn't work. The option to Cut is even grayed out in the Edit drop don menu.

This isn't one of the options that change when you're in Classic Point Editing Keyboard Shortcuts. Is there a reason for this that I may have overlooked? It's kind of a bump in the workflow when you're in drawing mode.
Adam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

drumlug13 wrote:When we're in drawing phases it would be really cool if we could delete single points with the Control + X shortcut.

I noticed that when two or more points are selected Control + X works fine deleting points. You can even go the long way via the drop down menu: Edit> Cut
But when there is only one single point selected, Control + X doesn't work. The option to Cut is even grayed out in the Edit drop don menu.

This isn't one of the options that change when you're in Classic Point Editing Keyboard Shortcuts. Is there a reason for this that I may have overlooked? It's kind of a bump in the workflow when you're in drawing mode.
Moho doesn't usually allow a single, unconnected point. So pasting one, after a cut, would not be allowed either. If you're not looking to paste the point, would deleting it work instead?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Yes, deleting works fine. I always assumed that a computer always viewed cut and delete as the exact same thing. I didn't think about a cut actually saving info on a clipboard. What I was trying to say was that reaching for the delete key is kind of a drag when all of the main shortcut keys are right there for the left hand on the keyboard. Can we set up a delete command on that side of the keyboard?
Adam