Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by Greenlaw »

You could merge different combinations of Styles and save them in sets. For example, save a Style palette for each character but also save one large Style palette for all characters. Maybe even a extra large palette that includes the colors you use in backgrounds and props for a specific project. This way you have fewer sets to drag in when you start a new scene.

Of course, Styles come in with items you've previously created so you rarely need to drag in palettes for established characters and props.

Tip: I like to start the names my character specific styles using a short code. For example, a character named Betty might have Styles called BtyHair, BtyDress, BtySkin, BtyShoes, etc. Avoid using specifc colors in names because one of the reasons for using Styles is easy edibility.

The downside with the above is that if you have a lot of characters, you can wind up with a large set of Styles which can affect performance, and the set may be unnecessarily large because some characters may be able to share certain Styles.

Sooner or later, you may find you have with way too many Styles in a scene so remember you have a Delete Unused command which can purge the excess.

Obviously developing a Styles for an entire project should take a bit of thought before committing to it. You should nail it down in preproduction of course. Working out a Style and color palette while you're in the middle of production can become a messy time waster.

G.
PaperWaspNest

Post by PaperWaspNest »

I'd like to see an option to control the frame rate of how multi-brushes "cycle" through their brush samples when "Minimize frame-to-frame randomness" is turned off. I give more details here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28593
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

I would like to see the addition of symbols and a "sculpt tool. I saw how there is blender plugins for this to do some pretty cool 2D animations in this free 3D software.

Check out: https://vimeo.com/channels/greasepencil/152889436
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

As you know Anime Studio Pro isnt so good at importing vector files. Is it possible to import vector files as reference?

I have been drawing a child book and using characters in an animation. Because of this I have to redraw all backgrounds, objects etc. in Anime Studio (exporting as png isnt useful because of some zoom in scenes.)

I can understand to create characters completely in Anime Studio Pro but most of the time backgrounds are stable.
It would be like a dream to use vector files as reference like all other image files.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

These are the things I need mostly

* I would like to have an option to make Show Output Only completely opaque black.
* Arrange styles Alphabetically like actions (or styles can be sort automatically alphabetical).
* It was so cool to have an option to align layers but we also need Distrubite Layers as like Photoshop or İllustrator.
* I wish Motion Blur will look like realistic. After Effects doing really nice job about this. A pro animator software Anime Studio Pro must solve this issue.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Pesto wrote:I would like to see the addition of symbols and a "sculpt tool. I saw how there is blender plugins for this to do some pretty cool 2D animations in this free 3D software.

Check out: https://vimeo.com/channels/greasepencil/152889436
Have you tried the Magnet tool in AS? It seems to be really similar to Blender's new Sculpt tool for the grease pencil.
zzzmoon

Post by zzzmoon »

I just started using ASP, and I like it a lot so far. I've been using After Effects and Flash for animation, but wanted to try a dedicated animation program, especially for the bones, which are great. I do have a few feature requests so far:

Option to make keyframe dots larger; option to create timeline markers on the fly without having to stop and label each one... this would be handy for marking audio; ability to see layer blending modes without having to render a preview;

and a big feature request, which no one seems to have pulled off yet, except for Bob Sabiston: the ability to interpolate between strokes and shapes for rotoscoping purposes. I know you can tween by moving points around, but it would be so great to be able to redraw an entire stroke multiple times in the timeline, and interpolate between them (as in A Scanner Darkly and Waking Life).

If you could pull that off, you might rule the world !
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

zzzmoon wrote:I just started using ASP, and I like it a lot so far. I've been using After Effects and Flash for animation, but wanted to try a dedicated animation program, especially for the bones, which are great. I do have a few feature requests so far:

Option to make keyframe dots larger; option to create timeline markers on the fly without having to stop and label each one... this would be handy for marking audio; ability to see layer blending modes without having to render a preview;

and a big feature request, which no one seems to have pulled off yet, except for Bob Sabiston: the ability to interpolate between strokes and shapes for rotoscoping purposes. I know you can tween by moving points around, but it would be so great to be able to redraw an entire stroke multiple times in the timeline, and interpolate between them (as in A Scanner Darkly and Waking Life).

If you could pull that off, you might rule the world !
You might want to get in touch with Michael Garza (Malcom on this forum) http://artbellyproductions.com.

He has had a lot of success pulling this look off with AS, using Fazek's custom replace_line tool.
Grayhem

Shape ordering buttons

Post by Grayhem »

Could shape ordering buttons [ for shapes within a layer ] be included in the next update/release? possibly appearing in a context sensitive toolbar? - they are so helpful & quick in other design software.
see image
Thanks for any help that you can give - I appreciate it!
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Macros?
I haven't seen this mentioned on the forum, but macro recording would be great. Since ASP support scripting, I'm hoping macros wouldn't be too hard to add and it could be a great time saver when doing repetitive animations, especially for switch layers.
nina_paley

Vector sequence export Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime St

Post by nina_paley »

More than anything I'd like to export vector sequences. It's OK if the stroke widths and brushes get lost. Just getting the shapes out of it would be enough.

A few years ago I wanted to switch from Flash 8 to ASP 9, but couldn't because I needed to process vector sequences in another program, for this project: http://home.theodoregray.com/stitchblog ... on-finally. So back to Flash 8 I went. I'm committed to learning ASP 11 now, and am amazed by its capabilities. But if it could export vector sequences I could RULE THE WORLD.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

How about the ability to Check what's being animated on the timeline on a certain keyframe?

For example, Lets say you have alot of points, and you only want certain points animated. You animate them, then accidently click off and you sorta forget which ones were originally selected!

A good fix for this is to have a "Select affected changes" if you right click that keyframe to select whatever it is that you've animated at that keyframe. It could be on any channel too.
nina_paley

Layer Selector shortcut key

Post by nina_paley »

I'd like a shortcut key for the Layer Selector tool, since I'm using a Surface Pro 4 and the pen doesn't cooperate with right-clicking. Thanks!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Layer Selector shortcut key

Post by Víctor Paredes »

nina_paley wrote:I'd like a shortcut key for the Layer Selector tool, since I'm using a Surface Pro 4 and the pen doesn't cooperate with right-clicking. Thanks!
Hi Nina, you can modify and create your own shortcuts, just go to Help - Edit keyboard shortcuts...

And another tip that can be useful, if you press and keep pressed the shortcut of a tool, you can use that tool. Once you release the keyboard, the software will go back to the previous selected tool, so you can continue working with it. That could be especially useful for the Layer Selector tool.

Anyway, I'm checking the problem with Surface Pro and hover clicking and it seems to be there's a software which can fix it. If I confirm that, I'll write to you.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
nina_paley

Re: Layer Selector shortcut key

Post by nina_paley »

D'oh! Thanks Victor.