General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JaMike

Post by JaMike »

Is it not fixed in 8.1?
superonIII

Post by superonIII »

umm, no.
well, it's reported as fixed but it's fixed in the same way that a tree falling in the woods makes no sound... or removing the fuse from the plug will keep the toast from being burnt.
it's bugged, but in a new way...

continuing to be frustrated over this, it was a prerequisite for me and i didn't find anything to suggest there would be a problem before purchase, thus this info might be useful to others.

finger... out
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Can you please detail the new buggy behaviour in 8.1?
superonIII

Post by superonIII »

Rudiger wrote:Can you please detail the new buggy behaviour in 8.1?
sure, well, sort of, i'm not wanting to go over and over this too much but i did outline this in several ways so i'll redirect you to the fourth post in this topic by neeters_guy where they outline simply what i'd previously stated.
i've just checked it and nothing has changed.
originally posted on another page which was about other stuff too:
viewtopic.php?t=19512
have a browse through that if it pleases.

following the examples as per instructed by the instruction manual will not give the same result as stated in the manual.
it can be achieved by downgrading back to 8.0, but that has it's own problems which i'm currently happier to be dealing with, though it does mean replicating layers and that in turn makes it harder to animate without adding scripts that allow layers to move in accordance with other layers (currently about 4 layers per limb, 1 invisible mask, 2 colour, 3 shading, 4 masking subtraction).

i wouldn't say it's new exactly, as far as i can tell it's always been there.
circles, circles and... dive dive dive
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

superonIII wrote:
Rudiger wrote:Can you please detail the new buggy behaviour in 8.1?
sure, well, sort of, i'm not wanting to go over and over this too much but i did outline this in several ways so i'll redirect you to the fourth post in this topic by neeters_guy where they outline simply what i'd previously stated.
i've just checked it and nothing has changed.
originally posted on another page which was about other stuff too:
viewtopic.php?t=19512
have a browse through that if it pleases.

following the examples as per instructed by the instruction manual will not give the same result as stated in the manual.
it can be achieved by downgrading back to 8.0, but that has it's own problems which i'm currently happier to be dealing with, though it does mean replicating layers and that in turn makes it harder to animate without adding scripts that allow layers to move in accordance with other layers (currently about 4 layers per limb, 1 invisible mask, 2 colour, 3 shading, 4 masking subtraction).

i wouldn't say it's new exactly, as far as i can tell it's always been there.
circles, circles and... dive dive dive
There are multiple bugs discussed in that thread, so I'm not sure exactly which one you are referring to.

I found from my testing that the masking behaviour in 8.1 was the same as 8.0, with the exception of a checkbox to make it expand the mask by 1 pixel which gives it the same behaviour as 8.0.1. Perhaps you could explain in more detail what other differences you've experienced.
superonIII

Post by superonIII »

maybe i got confusing by writing fourth when i mean first.
either way my major problem is the extra pixel on masking in 8.0.1.
maybe there's now a newer 8.0.1 as i didn't find that option but i did initially write that it appears the mask was "fixed" by expanding it, which didn't really fix things.
i've spent weeks and days creating examples but more will follow if needed... including other aberration.

actually, you know what, i'm way too frustrated and tired about this to work on it now, i'll get back to it some other time.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

It sounds like you need to download version 8.1 as it lets you turn off the expand by 1 pixel feature.
superonIII

Post by superonIII »

Rudiger wrote:It sounds like you need to download version 8.1 as it lets you turn off the expand by 1 pixel feature.
ooo, yeah, i must say it sounds like i do.
reads like i'm getting confused with 8.0.1 as i didn't know there was a 8.1 update:)
i would have liked to think someone at smithmicro could have contacted me about this before now as i've blasted emails at them about this issue:)
also, hey, i've got to ask about this 1 pixel thing... is that useful for anything? i mean having it expanded like that?
also whilst i'm asking, i've not yet tried as i'm still waiting on the download but can anyone subtract from a mask without first including the mask as invisible? i'd love to know how to if that's possible...

thanks Rudiger, will certainly be posting before the month's out if it's all messy in a different way;)
fluffed
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

can anyone subtract from a mask without first including the mask as invisible?
Why don't you run some tests yourself? I can't answer this right out of my head, I'd need to test this first myself, but frankly, I can't spend time on something you could easily do yourself, as you already understand the masking functions.
superonIII

Post by superonIII »

slowtiger wrote:
can anyone subtract from a mask without first including the mask as invisible?
Why don't you run some tests yourself? I can't answer this right out of my head, I'd need to test this first myself, but frankly, I can't spend time on something you could easily do yourself, as you already understand the masking functions.
it's not like i've not done that previously, just wanting to be prepared as this update is telling me it'll now take over 13 hours to download:/...
if you don't know off-hand then no worries of course, thanks for the words anyway:)
getting there, may have to start again
superonIII

Post by superonIII »

ahhh, appears to be working as it should be so far:)
much less frustrating.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

superonIII wrote:ahhh, appears to be working as it should be so far:)
much less frustrating.
The love is back again...
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

superonIII wrote:reads like i'm getting confused with 8.0.1 as i didn't know there was a 8.1 update:)
That's what I thought. :)

I'm happy you got it sorted now.