Animating AS objects along path Problems

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

derekpackard

Animating AS objects along path Problems

Post by derekpackard »

I import vector and image objects....create a path for them to follow... then attach the in and out points.
Some objects work fine others jump way off like scale or position is relative to some other setting. Any way to zero out imported objects so they act right??
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

Hi Derek,

I think I've encountered a similar problem when importing .obj files to go along a path. The solution for my situation was to make sure I ’reset' the XYZ coordinates prior to attaching them to the path.

Hope this helps.

-j
neon22

Post by neon22 »

and make sure the layer origin for the layer-to-be-moved is in a 'good' place. The origin defines what moves along the path.
derekpackard

thanks for the info

Post by derekpackard »

and how do you reset the xyz I was looking for something like
that. All i see is the cross pattern for a layer for anchor point.
Is that what you mean?

Derek
neon22

Post by neon22 »

yes the Origin tool.
Also look at the data entry boxes at the top when you select "layer translate"(1) and any of the other tools.
Sometimes there is a reset button up there which will put it back to normal if you've wandered it off.
This happens a lot as you learn what you should be doing on frame zero vs. on an animation frame.

For the origin tool. Imagine you have made a vector shape you want to move along the path. If its centered (say its a circle) around the origin cross you can see on a layer - then the center of the circle will move along the path.
If its positioned so the bottom of the circle is resting on the origin cross then the circle will stay on that side of the path when it moves.
This is useful if you want to offset the object(circle) from the path.

So if you've made your object-to-animate in some other random place on the layer - you could move it to the origin, or reposition the origin using the Origin tool.

hope that's clearer...