Victor Paredes (Selgin) Webinar on November 30, 2011

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NeedyN00b

Post by NeedyN00b »

J. Baker wrote:Thanks for posting the link. Didn't see anything from SM about that. Got in 20minutes late and had to leave early to pick up my son from school. Wish I could have seen more.
they recorded it and are planning on posting it in about a week.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

NeedyN00b wrote:
J. Baker wrote:Thanks for posting the link. Didn't see anything from SM about that. Got in 20minutes late and had to leave early to pick up my son from school. Wish I could have seen more.
they recorded it and are planning on posting it in about a week.
I just saw that in an email I just got. Who all attended? I only saw my name in the list of attendees.
Fahim

Post by Fahim »

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the mix up with WebEx - for some reason it doesn't do a good job on sending out confirmation and registration emails out to participants. We are looking towards alternative registration methods.

And yes, we hope to release the webinar recording in one week's time.

Thanks again for everyone that joined us and apologies if I didn't get to everyone's questions during the webinar.

Regards,

Fahim
Last edited by Fahim on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

No problem Fahim. I understand it's something new you guys are doing and I'm just glad you are doing them. ;)
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

I just saw that in an email I just got. Who all attended? I only saw my name in the list of attendees.
I attended, but I only saw my name on the list also. I enjoyed it , but I was a little to tired to listen attentively so I am glad I will be able to watch it again later. It was useful.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

uddhava - attendies can't see eachother, I thought I was alone last time too :) that's why I suggested the twitter hashtag... It's great that smith micro are doing these, even if the process needs a little smoothing out.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I know how SM feels. I did my 1st Webinar while streaming a live music festival and it was a disaster. I am just glad I recorded the show with my DVD camera set on a tripod next to the computer. Even though the fans did not get to see the show live they got to see the recording.

Those that follow me on Youtube and Facebook probably noticed I have been uploading many hrs worth of music over the last few weeks.

I would be tickled pink if my 2nd webinar came out half as good as selgins. :D :D :D
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

funksmaname wrote:uddhava - attendies can't see eachother, I thought I was alone last time too :) that's why I suggested the twitter hashtag... It's great that smith micro are doing these, even if the process needs a little smoothing out.
Now I know, but it was a little funny, feeling I was there by myself especially since I was a little tired and couldn't listen so nicely. I was relieved when I heard other persons questions being answered. Nice webinar though.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

yeah seeing only your name does make you a little nervous - if it showed a 'nickname' but showed everyone we'd know what other forum members are around, it would feel more social? :)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for attending the webinar. I tried to make a good class for people which is starting on AS and for the old forum users. It was hard to get the mixture, but I hope you liked it.
About the number of attenders, don't worry, there were a lot :)
In the webinars I have been as attender I also had that loneliness feeling. Maybe there is something SM could do to reduce that sensation.

This week have been hard to me. My grandmother died some hours before the webinar, so I run from the wake to make the webinar. Yesterday it was her funeral and now we are all more peaceful.

We are planning to make another one, so if you have any idea of what it could cover, please tell me.

Thanks again.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

selgin wrote:My grandmother died some hours before the webinar.
Selgin,

Really sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to your and the rest of your family... it's never an easy time.

Rhoel
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

Sorry to hear your sad news.
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

@Selgin: My condolences. I respect your professionalism - "the show must go on" - I am sure we would all have understood if you had postponed the event. I'm looking forward to seeing the recording -- It's your (and SM's) call, but maybe it would be nice to dedicate the recording to the memory of your Grandmother. May she Rest In Peace.
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Selgin,

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

The webinar was a great hit for me and I'm sure for all who attended. I look forward to many more. I was the lady who asked about the benefits of actions over switch layers for the creation of mouths. Your webinar was very useful to me. Thank you very much!
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

Selgin. My condolences. Such sad news.
Thank you for the seminar, I watched it with my father and we both learnt something.