Exported AVI goes really really unsmooth

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tonico

Exported AVI goes really really unsmooth

Post by tonico »

Hi,

this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while but can't find the same issue posted.

I got ASP8 last week (couln't not get it after seeing the discount), and I have played with it just a little so far.

The software goes well except when exporting, I have come a bit frustrated as the exported video is not good.

The resulting video goes slow and bumpy, like step by step, with pauses, not smooth at all. When I check the "Render at half dimension" box, it is a bit better (not perfect), but then it loses sharpness (looks like blurry) and vividness.

My laptop is not a great machine, but it seems to have all the necessary specs. So what can be the problem?

Thank you very much in advance.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Looks like You exported to an uncompressed avi, that is, a video that is not compressed at all, which is usaly very big and only very powerful computers can play those back.

When exporting, choose a codec under compressor, like xvid (if the codec is installed on your system) or any other codecs that are available.

Uncompressed avi is good if You want to import into a video montage software or for more processing, it is no good for playback.

Also, I strongly suggest You use Quicktime instead, as it has more and better compression codecs.

You can find Quicktime here if You do not have it already!

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

If you are using a Windows pc, then download and install the Lagarith codec, http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html
Then just select this codec when you export to avi from Anime Studio. It's the best lossless codec ever, for pc users anyway.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Thanks for the link J, I tend to use quicktime export for everything - havn't exported AVI in a loooooong time.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Funk, same here, only use avi to export uncompressed.

Thanks for he link Mister Baker!
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

No problem. Quicktime is great too and I use it on Mac but I still prefer Lagarith on PC. It's lossless compression looks just as good as a non-compressed avi and plays back just as quick as compressed formats. It's great for editing and video overlays (alpha channel) too.
tonico

Thank you

Post by tonico »

Thank you very much guys,

I have downloaded the lagarith and it works perfectly.

As for exporting in quicktime, it seems that I have to restart the system for the newly installed xvid codec to appear in the exporting options...

buy yeah, the problem was I wasnt using compression. ^^'

thank you!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

You are quite welcome, stop by from time to time to say hi! :)
KartoonManagement

Post by KartoonManagement »

Always wanted to know how to fix this problem. I thank you so much for that codec! You guys are awesome!