Selecting underlying objects

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Selecting underlying objects

Post by DK »

I was just reading LM's tutorial on hiding outlines during animationas and it reminded me to ask a question. When there are two objects positioned precisely on top of each other i have problems trying to select the object below with the select tool. Is there another way to do this?
D.K
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Things can be named in Moho. Then you can select stuff by name. Here's how (this is mostly useful for differentiating between shapes on the same layer):

Create a filled rectangle(E key). Now "select all points" (G key). A blank field appears in the menu bar at the top of the screen. Type in a name, then hit the "Create" button.

Repeat this process, but use a different name (duh!). Now you can use the "Select Group" button to pick out collections of points by name.

Obviously if you have the objects on different layers, you can just make unwanted layers invisible, and you don't need this method.

HTH

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
DK

Post by DK »

Hahaha....i forgot about layer names...thanks for the reminder....i do notice one thing with the layer names though....if you cut an object from a named layer group to the clipboard it completely destroys the rest of the layer group. That can be a pain sometimes.
D.K
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Using the Select Shape tool, put the cursor over the shape. You can select higher or lower overlapped shapes by using <CTRL><UP ARROW> or <CTRL><DOWN ARROW>, respectively.