Runtime error ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

Runtime error ?

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Toda, I wanted to export a movie in ASP8. Nut the whole program crashes and gives me the following error:

The same thing happens, in all exporting formats. Any clue what the f...is wrong?
jonbo

Re: Runtime error ?

Post by jonbo »

I had this problem before, I fixed it with a registry cleaner program. Maybe it would work for you.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Do you remember what registery cleaner programm it was ?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

It's called CheckIt Registry Cleaner. I got it from Smith Micro during one of their sales. You can try googleing and see if there's one with a trial version or is cheap enough for you. I ran a search of runtime error and got a couple of suggested causes. You might want to run one yourself and see if ant of them might apply to you.
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

I assume you have eliminated the chance of malware or virus?
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

@Rocky, Yes, I elimnated that possibility.

@Jonbo, Ok, thank you very much. I will look for that.

In fact what happens is that this prticular file was created on my machine and worked on further on an other machine. Both machines have ASP8, 32 installed, but The other machine runs WIN XP 32it and my own Win7 64bit. Thois may have caused a compatibility issue ? In the other hand, I have done this before (work on an ASP File on both machines alternately, and the problem never occured.
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

I would advise re-install. Were this my machine... I would do a disk check and de-frag first, then using windows, un-install the application properly. Re-install and you should be ok. It 'feels' like a DLL file gone awry. (In general, DLL files are programmer sub-routines.) If you are unclear how to do any part of this please advise.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Rocky - I may should mention also that the error only occurs with that givrn file. other files export fine. but a proper re-install may be good, anyway. I'll do so.
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

If all other ANME files load and run properly and only that one is an issue then clearly that file is corrupted.

You might want to open/check it as a text file. You may find gibberish instead of text.

Hopefully you have backed up as you went along and can recover an earlier version. By the time I am done I have a trail of ANME file progressions with numbered names as I went/go along.

Good Luck!
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

As an experiment I opened an ANME file (re-named copy!) authored on a 32 bit WIN7-OS machine (with 'notepad' word processor) and changed the date to present year +3. (2015, it's 2012)

When I then tried to open that file (in AS-Pro 8.2 on a 64 bit box) I got a file header error, unable to open file. When I then changed the date back I still got the error! I cannot open the file after changing the date in a comment line! I don't know if this is connected to your problem, but, I think it is a most strange behavior.

Is it possible that one of your machines is a time traveler? Did you attempt to modify the file?
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Rocky, your experience is strange, yes. But I think that my Computers are configured to the same time frame - at least the same year, but I will check this.
Anyway : Yesterday my C:Hardrive went down dead. I brought the machine to the manufacturing Shop which had sold it to me. They said, well, the problem *might* have come from the slowly diyng drive. (which lets it open why the other files worked) said Drive was very new, so its still under warranty and I'll get a new one. Meanwhile they installed the provisory replacement drive. So I will try to export the file again and see white happens. As soon as I have reinstalled all my programs :?
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Sorry if my feeble attempt at humor sent you down a side path/tangent. What I am trying to point out (somewhat ineffectively) is that there seems to be a difference/problem incompatibility between 32 and 64 bit versions. If I load an ANME file in 'word' and then change the date and save it.... I can then open it in AS-Pro-8 without a problem even with a date three years out... SO LONG AS I DO IT ALL ON MY 32 BIT BOX.

I wonder if anyone else might care to duplicate this to confirm it as an issue? They would have to have access to both 32 and 63 bit machines... pass file back and forth, etc... Beta test anyone?

Regrets and sympathy on the loss of your drive. I backup frequently to a USB supplemental drive which by and large sits on the shelf as insurance for just such an occurance.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Not your fault! English is not my mothertongue and I obviously did not study your post carefully enough in order to see if I understood you right.
Yes, I think that there's actually really a compatibily problem regarding 32/64 bit. This will keep me from working on ASP files on my 32bit PC until the latter has been
upgraded.

Yes, I should look for a huge storage vice, too. Backups can save one from gerting depressed after such a loss.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

@rocky - notepad has given me many problems when editing .anme files. I tend to use wordpad .. have a look at http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=1201 for a bit more on the "file header error issue" with notepad.
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Thanks for the 'heads up'. Don't use wordpad because it is to easy to accidentally format a document. Never have had an issue with notepad. (Not to say I won't.) Cut and paste LUA files from the web without issues using notepad. ANME opens were all experimental in nature, but, never had a problem. I will keep your advice in mind if I encounter a problem. We remain with the mystery of the cobbled file...