Anime Studio 9 Available Now!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Not An Artist

Re: Anime Studio 9 Available Now!

Post by Not An Artist »

Fahim wrote:
Not An Artist wrote:Things are working nicely on my iMac i7 (2011) under 10.8. When I go to export, it only seems to be using 450 MB of RAM; I have 8 GB total... the CPUs seem to be pretty maxed out.

- - -

As long as Fahim is on this thread, can I ask a question?

In one of the intro videos, the host has Papagayo running alongside AS 9. On a Windows machine.

Are there any plans to upgrade Papagayo? It doesn't work on Mac and I don't want to work with Boot Camp or whatever.

It would be really, really nice to have Papagayo; I do a lot of lip syncing.
Hi Not An Artist,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will add your papagayo request to our enhancement list and present it to the team!

Regards,

Fahim

Thanks!

Within Anime Studio would be awesome. Separate would be fine. It would be very helpful to have for us Mac users... (and of course everybody else, but it works on Windows...)
If only I could draw...
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

I'm another who'd like a bit more work on Papagayo! I use it separately with Lightwave, with my own importer, and I've been tempted to work on it myself, but lacking the Python expertise to really get under the hood.
marked4life

Post by marked4life »

Not An Artist wrote: Are there any plans to upgrade Papagayo? It doesn't work on Mac and I don't want to work with Boot Camp or whatever.

It would be really, really nice to have Papagayo; I do a lot of lip syncing.
I also use a Mac. Running Mac Os X Lion.
Out of the box Papagayo refused to work for me as well. But I read this very useful post on this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19438#p122003

It's not the prettiest of solutions. But it actually seems to work, and it IS better than nothing.
I created a demo lipsync file with it, and saved the file to my desktop successfully.
Although, I haven't done anything with long files yet, or dived into a lot of it's features.
But this IS simpler than using Bootcamp (which I have setup, but not for this)
(Also it helped that I already had xcode installed for something else)

Here are the instructions below:

ncr100 wrote:Using Wineskin Winery on OSX I got it to work.

1. I installed Wineskin Winery: http://wineskin.doh123.com/tiki-index.p ... =Downloads

2. Then I downloaded the Windows EXE of Papagayo: http://www.lostmarble.com/downloads/pap ... 32_1.2.exe

3. I ran Wineskin, and allowed it to update itself to the latest Engine version.

4. I created a blank Skin named Papagayo.

5. I ran the Skin, and chose to install a Windows application. I picked the EXE, from above.

6. The install went quickly, and copied the EXE inside the Skin. Running the Skin brings up Papagayo.

I'm not a Papagayo user so I don't know how to get it to playback a file from end-to-end (e.g. the Tutorial "Hasta la vista baby" does play when I scrub but how to get it to autoplay?). But it does make sounds, and looks like Windows on my Mac. Next is to figure how to export the results to my 3d app.

NOTE: I've previously installed X11 on my Mac which is a general requirement for WINE. It's free and available from Apple on your installation disc, and I believe as a download.

EDIT: Found an importer for LightWave 3d: http://www.mikegreen.name/Lscripts.html
Note: I too would prefer a more natural support for Mac Os X. Built-into ASP OR As a separate application. (there are benefits to both)