Display Setting Still Not Saved Within "Default" File

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Psmith

Display Setting Still Not Saved Within "Default" File

Post by Psmith »

While I really love the current set of changes and improvements to Studio Pro 9, I am bothered - to the point of derision - that my display settings are not saved with my default "startup" document.

Particularly, the setting for "Antialiasing".

I want to always see my animation previews at their highest possible Preview level. Why is this so hard to imagine?

I'm an artist, not a programmer, Jim!

I absolutely hate having to go to the "Display" dialog each time I open Studio Pro 9 and check the box entitled "antialiasing".

After all these years of complaining about this "feature", I'm beginning to believe that you must have a personal vendetta against me.

And, while I'm at it - why do I still need 2 separate tools, at this late date - one to select points - and the other to translate them - HUH?

Personal vendetta is the only thing I can think of, Mike.

Psmith
Fahim

Re: Display Setting Still Not Saved Within "Default" File

Post by Fahim »

Yes, some of the display quality settings always get reset when the app starts. Paths, for example, because users get confused when they can't see their construction curves. Antialiasing always gets turned off when you restart for performance reasons. It may be nice for a quicky higher quality preview, but in general it makes things slower than we like the app to run. People may forget to turn it off (or not even realize when they're working on a simple test file) and permanently slow down the application.

Regards,

Fahim
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Personally I've never been bothered by the antialiasing off - I always render to see actual quality - I'd much rather a more responsive approximation on the canvas... I find the improvement in quality when it's on to be negligable.
chucky

Post by chucky »

First thing I do when I open AS is turn on antialiasing, many, many times daily .
I find it super annoying,
I wish it could be a preference option.
It is always better to have an option than not. :)
Manu

Post by Manu »

chucky wrote:First thing I do when I open AS is turn on antialiasing, many, many times daily .
Quoted for agreement. I don't understand Fahim's rationale, it seems to negate the whole point of "user settings".
Onionskin

Post by Onionskin »

chucky wrote:First thing I do when I open AS is turn on antialiasing, many, many times daily .
Agree, it would be fair to leave that choice to user