laptop change of serial number?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

herbert123

laptop change of serial number?

Post by herbert123 »

I have installed Anime Studio Pro on both my desktop and laptop for on the road (windows 7). On my desktop it asked for a serial number, so no issues here.

On my laptop my previous employer installed AS9, and it does not ask about a serial number, and uses the old one. I would prefer to enter my own serial number instead, but to no avail: whatever I try, it keeps using the old one. I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, and so forth. I cannot use that serial number anymore, because I am no longer employed there, and it would be illegal.

So how do I convince Anime Studio to use my own serial number, and forget about the other one?
oakesy

Re: laptop change of serial number?

Post by oakesy »

If your previous company had a license to use AS Pro, then they must have bought a multi use type to cover more than one PC. Or had slaves working off one main PC hence your laptop containing their serial number. Logically you should be able to take from the PC to the laptop if OS are the same XP to XP etc. The only way serial number can be prevented is online because the code is already licensed on AS records. If I recall from previous upgrades from versions 6 7 8 to 9 all had different license issued if memory serves.
A smile is better than a punch even when you want to.

Regards John from Merry England.

MacPro and proud.
herbert123

Re: laptop change of serial number?

Post by herbert123 »

I finally figured it out - after deleting the SMith Micro folder in Program data it asked me for a new serial number, and I could enter my own! Happy now!

The IT guy at the previous job installed it for me on my laptop, and I get a feeling now it might not have been an entirely legal version...

Anyway, I got it working now. Thanks for the answer.