3D earth exemple

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Oddity

3D earth exemple

Post by Oddity »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
pihms

Re: 3D earth exemple

Post by pihms »

All created in Anime Studio?
Oddity

Post by Oddity »

yes.
i worked on this trick with Lychee, also present on this forum.
we use the 3d layer transformation on a half round shape and apply a image as texture.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
braj

Post by braj »

I'd love a video tutorial of that.
braj

Post by braj »

And I guess I don't need a tutorial, this is easy as can be. I used http://www.hilomoreno.com/wp-content/do ... _mundo.jpg this simple texture, just created a circle, set it to 3d inflate, set the earth image as a texture, and then animated the gradient setting. If there is a better way to animate let me know. Mine looks rough without any fine tuning, but it works, and especially for alien planets that don't need to be recognizable it is wonderful tip, thanks so much. I was trying to make something just like this for my son and now here it is!

EDIT: I did have to make that earth texture square to get it to work right, I should mention that. Anyhow really cool trick.

AND I notice now that I don't have the perspective stretch going on correctly, my globe looks otherwise stunning :) but what is the deal with the 'half-circle' and how do you get the stretched perspective? Thanks!

AND some more edit: I created a 'mask' layer that I put just over the top of the earth 3d layer with no fill and a blue outline to clean up the edge and give it an 'atmosphere. I am guessing I could make a cloud layer too. I figured out the perspective, when the object is selected there is a width setting in the Styles, so anyhow I have my globe, really really happy with this easy trick, and can use this same technique many places I'm sure. Thanks again.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

you might find this useful too .. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19483&start=10