Re: Back in the community

Post by DK »

Hey Gcharb!
Great to see you back mate!

D.K
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Hey Gilles! Welcome back, so nice to hear from you again!
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Rusc, Funks, Capricorn, DK, good to hear from all of You and thanks for the kind words, sure been a while!

Rusk, for me, work is play, that is the beautiful thing about what We do, but thanks for your invite. ;)

Yeah, smart bone is a treat, looks exactly like the smartskin tool for Animation Master v9, for which I made a tutorial in like 2001, I believe it is still available on Hash FTP, man this brings me back! :)

Definitely a tutorial to come.

I got the Manga Studio 4 demo, loved it, and 5 looks even better, but I looked into ways of making online comics with Anime Studio, and it worked surprisingly well, so I may have a go at it.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Welcome back Gilles.
I did not know you were sick ( I thought you were just sick of us :lol: ), was it an accident?

I'm glad you are back and feeling better.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

patricia3d wrote:Welcome Back. I have read your tutorials.
Thanks Patricia, and I hope You got something from my tutorials!
chucky wrote:Welcome back Gilles.
I did not know you were sick ( I thought you were just sick of us :lol: ), was it an accident?

I'm glad you are back and feeling better.
How could I ever get sick of You guys, now common!!! :)

Yeah, had a severe stroke early 2012, was quite a trip back, but I did it, well mostly, still have some motor problems and I have to wear glasses now, but still, I was quite lucky and I found out how much of a great family I have! :)
Last edited by GCharb on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
hnguyen

Post by hnguyen »

It's been awhile. A big welcome back
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

GCharb wrote:Definitely a tutorial to come.

I got the Manga Studio 4 demo, loved it, and 5 looks even better, but I looked into ways of making online comics with Anime Studio, and it worked surprisingly well, so I may have a go at it.
Nice! Looking forward to that. I purchased Manga Studio 4 but never really got around to playing with it.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I watched many of the Manga Studio 5 video tutorials, and if it had bones and switch layer, it would be a killer app for comics, not that its not nice as it is, but with bones and switch layers, man, We could make tons of comics in no time.

I replicated some of the basic tools in AS, like I used mask to easily create frames, you can easily build text balloons for 9, just need to put the templates in the proper folder, and I did some tests with the included characters, works well, and no need to re ink and repaint every frames, since You use pre-made characters that You pose and then tweak the points.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

GCharb wrote:You use pre-made characters that You pose and then tweak the points.
Reuse is definitely is going to be a time saver.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

InfoCentral wrote:
GCharb wrote:You use pre-made characters that You pose and then tweak the points.
Reuse is definitely is going to be a time saver.
Thats pretty much the idea, but the challenge is to keep it high quality, and I believe AS can do it while helping crunch comics faster.

Like I said, been reading tons of online comics in the last 5-6 months or so, pretty much all I could do, but I kept thinking about ways to make comics fast, will try to show some examples soon!