General Moho topics.
Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger
- Posts: 186
- Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:40 am
- Location: Jamaica
Which would you rather concentrate your time on?
1. A meaningful or artistic short that is worthy of an award at a film festival.
2. An animated short that is more commercial/TV ready, like a pilot, in a bid to try and get a deal with a TV station.
- Posts: 5458
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:53 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
If you want exposure, festival.
If you want a deal, TV.
Chances for the first are much better than the second.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB RAM OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB RAM OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
- Posts: 1584
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:06 pm
- Location: The Danimal Kingdom
Commercial/TV ready for sure; but as slowtiger pointed out, that's the far more difficult route.
- Posts: 3935
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:24 am
- Location: Van Diemen's Land
If you do a decent festival short you have a much better chance with the second option.