Anime studio 64 bit

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

aji

Anime studio 64 bit

Post by aji »

Hi every body

Here i share my views...about 64 bit.
In my knowledge 32 bit handles upto 4 GB (4 giga bytes) memory. 64 bit will handle many TB (terra bytes) memories.

There is a notion that 64 bit is two times of 32 bit . It is not true. Actually 33 bit (It doesn't exist really) is the double of 32 bit.
When anime studio becomes a 64 bit app it can handle abundant data such as video files and image sequences etc. so it can become a powerful composting tool.
In my experience (my system is 32 bit) Anime studio handles up to 1 million frames (1000000 frames). That means about 11.34 hour video .
These are my views. If i am not correct..please correct me. Please share your ideas and thoughts regarding this...
about 64 bit and power of anime studio as 64 bit app.
Thanks in advances for the replies
aji
slowtiger

Re: Anime studio 64 bit

Post by slowtiger »

It seems you have a number fetish.

Who needs a program doing 11 hrs of animation in one take? Who want to see an 11 hr long animation?

AS can already handle large video files gracefully, as I've expereinced in several project. The real magic isn't about how large a file a software could handle, but how reliable it handles a bigger number of files (images or video) at once, since this is much more complicated.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

My ideas and thoughts regarding this are, what the **** has this got to do with producing animation? I could say a lot more, but I've already spent more time on this than I should have.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
aji

Post by aji »

It is to know more about 64 bit with Anime studio...could you please give your views and knowldge
pihms

Post by pihms »

I don't have an answer for this and am curious as to the advantages of the 64 bit as well, especially with the changes in the newest 9.5 version. One thing that I have seen is that the 64 bit version in the past had been limited as to what could do with the program so I had stuck using the 32 bit version even though I have a 64 bit machine. One that had been a problem in the past was 64-bit Windows does not support QuickTime as such there are import and export limitations to video/movie and to audio formats.

Good question. I hope you find your answer.