What's wrong with my Cycling?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheMinahBird

What's wrong with my Cycling?

Post by TheMinahBird »

Hi!

I'm trying to cycle my animation and then export it afterwards. I'm trying to do a flying reindeer thing.

Anyways that's besides the point, I don't what I'm doing wrong but maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm not using bones?
Every time I try to cycle something like a walk or flying it jitters or it skips in a weird sped up way. I don't know what I do wrong when I put it on the cycle but can someone tell me a way to do this to where it doesn't cycle so weird and unnatural.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
videodv

Re: What's wrong with my Cycling?

Post by videodv »

Have you set the keys to liner on the timeline?

Regards
Chris.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

No, I'll try that.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

I tried but nothing changed.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Have you tried standing on one foot, rubbing your belly and patting your head while singing "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General"? ;)

Just kidding! That won't help, but it might reduce stress ;) Without actually SEEING the problem there is very little that can be done to help except random guesses. It could literally be ANYTHING that is causing the problem. Even a screen shot of the time line with the keys interpolation and placement, the cycling settings etc might be of help. Seeing the exported animation results would help. Without some additional information there isn't much to say that can help except random suggestions for trial and error.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

http://instagram.com/p/iMvsBHEQJW/

Well here's all I can give anyone at the moment. Hopefully it's enough.

The first portion shows the timeline,

The second shows the bizzare leg movement.

The last shows how smooth it looks with the cycle taken off.

Oh! And when exported it exports the leg like that too. I thought it was just in anime studio but I guess not,
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

the cycle must be applied only to the last keyframe. You have all the keyframes with cycles.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Oh thank you!