Anime Studio 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madriver

Anime Studio 10

Post by madriver »

Just saw on Smith Micro that it's coming soon...lots of "new features" and "new characters". :D

Anybody have an idea about what this version includes?
erikk

Re: Anime Studio 10

Post by erikk »

Have about zero interest in "new characters," unless there is something interesting to reverse engineer for tips. But cannot wait to see the new feature list. I'm guessing that it's too much to hope for handles on the motion graph points, something I desperately want. Of course, I want handles on the vector points so the stated aversion to those probably carries through.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Target bones, Bounce and Elastic time line keys. Edit keyboard shortcuts. And some more things.

Dale
pihms

Post by pihms »

Any general idea when this may come into being available?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

March 4.

Dale
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Can we upgrade to it?
neon22

Post by neon22 »

with all due respect
"Target bones, Bounce and Elastic time line keys. Edit keyboard shortcuts. And some more things."
doesn't sound like a major upgrade - I hope its a free one for 9.5 owners.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

neon22 wrote:doesn't sound like a major upgrade
It's a big release, don't worry :wink:
I'm working with it right now, and I love it. I will post some info when I get the time (if you want).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neon22

Post by neon22 »

You kidding me - of course we'd love to hear your opinion :!:
Comment away :D
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Please tell me that this new version will finally allow for multiple audio files for conversations instead of only 1 audio clip per switch layer of mouths. I've always found audio capabilities in Anime Studio Pro to be sorely lacking and severely limited.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

neon22 wrote:with all due respect
"Target bones, Bounce and Elastic time line keys. Edit keyboard shortcuts. And some more things."
doesn't sound like a major upgrade - I hope its a free one for 9.5 owners.
That was suppose to be a tease.

Dale
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Does anyone know if you can pass stroke exceptions through a switch layer in the update? I really hope they fix this!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

erikk wrote:Have about zero interest in "new characters," unless there is something interesting to reverse engineer for tips.
I worked with two illustrators for the new main characters. I know it comes from close, but I think that five are very cool rigs :roll:
Most of the time it's not too interesting to work with someone else rig, I agree, but in this case I tried to use most of the new rigging and animating features on them, so maybe it will deserve to take a look :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Tradley

Post by Tradley »

erikk wrote:I'm guessing that it's too much to hope for handles on the motion graph points, something I desperately want.
Doesn't v9.5 already have that feature?
erikk wrote:Of course, I want handles on the vector points so the stated aversion to those probably carries through.
I second that notion!
Last edited by Tradley on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who says Moho is worse than Adobe Flash?!
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I would also hope Anime Studio Pro 10 would have better import options. I have a whole crapload of Flash assets that I'd like to use in ASP, but alas Flash (CS6 nor CC) no longer exports to AI or EPS. I suppose I could highlight each symbol individually and export each one to PNG, but there's no way (that I know of) to do a mass export, you have to do each one individually which could be a real tedious and loooong nightmare to do considering how may I have that would need to be done. It'd be nice if ASP 10 could just import a SWF file... especially since SWF is pretty much an open format, and lots of other applications can open and use assets in a SWF file. (Although it's ironic that other Adobe products can't or don't do this... Illustrator and Photoshop cannot use a SWF)