It's Finally Here! What Do You Think Of Anime Studio 10?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mtbuck24

It's Finally Here! What Do You Think Of Anime Studio 10?

Post by mtbuck24 »

As everyone knows, the newest version of Anime Studio 10 has just released. Many probably wonder is it worth the upgrade? I personally believe it is, share your thoughts of what you think of the new AS!

I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
herbert123

Re: It's Finally Here! What Do You Think Of Anime Studio 10?

Post by herbert123 »

I did not get answers in the other large thread, and my questions have been overlooked, so here goes again. I own a license of v9.5, and while I really like it in overall, I do have a couple of niggles with the overall GUI.

V10 looks great on the surface, though I have a couple of questions some of the early adopters here may be able to answer before I update to the newest version:

First question: the multiple object edit option looks great, but one of the major caveats of 9.5 and before is that animation channels of only one object can be displayed in the motion graph. Has that been improved to include multiple objects as well?
This is a biggie.

Second, I work with a three screen setup, and I have noticed that the windows' positions of windows moved other than where the main AS window is located will not be remembered, and next time I open AS those windows will be moved back to the main AS screen.
This is incredibly frustrating, because EVERY TIME I open AS I have to rearrange all the windows.

And then there's the dropdown issue to contend with too, which makes AS somewhat unusable on a multiple screen system.
Dropdowns do not open on the correct screen - only on the screen with the main AS window. So a dropdown appears on the main AS screen, even if I work with my motion graph or other palettes on another screen.

And as for the new tabs that work with multiple files in v10: can they be torn off and moved to another screen? So we can work on two scenes simultaneously on two or more screens? And can the timeline window be duplicated so that one can work with both scenes' timelines and compare?

And can we separate the channels, sequencer and motion graph windows now? It's a pain when working with a multiple screen setup to be forced to switch between these three, while I could have them open all at once visible on the other screen. It's a bad workflow now for a dual or triple screen setup. This also holds true for the Actions palette: can those tabs be moved into single palettes and combined freely now in AS10?

Does AS10 have a workspace management option like most other applications now?

In short, is AS10 multiple screen friendly now?

Btw, is there an option to turn on autozoom for the motion graph by default? I keep having to click that button each and every time I switch to another bone.

Thanks for your kind help.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey Herbert123, Sorry you haven't received a response yet or before. But I know today Smith Micro are doing the webinar hopefully some of your questions will be answered there!
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Look at that, they changed the logo on the forum to match the release. Now I'm all thrown off!
~Danimal
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I have a demo version on a laptop with two screens and it works fine. Every time I open the widows are in the same place when I exited before. I would down load the demo version and find out. As far as the motion graph I don't think so. Get the demo version an find out.
Dale
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

herbert123 wrote: First question: the multiple object edit option looks great, but one of the major caveats of 9.5 and before is that animation channels of only one object can be displayed in the motion graph. Has that been improved to include multiple objects as well?
This is a biggie.
No it has not.
herbert123 wrote: Second, I work with a three screen setup, and I have noticed that the windows' positions of windows moved other than where the main AS window is located will not be remembered, and next time I open AS those windows will be moved back to the main AS screen.
This is incredibly frustrating, because EVERY TIME I open AS I have to rearrange all the windows.
I would have to check this out to get you an exact answer, as I don't have a 3 monitor machine… yet ;)
I just hooked a Surface Pro(running Win 8.1) up to a 2nd monitor and all of the windows I can get to float all recall their previous location on either of the monitors no matter which screen the main App is or was on. There is one weird quirk, we will have to look into though. If I have the main app maximized on the 2nd monitor it launches maximized on the first monitor next launch. All of the floating windows ( timeline, actions, tools, layers, library, styles ) all end up in exact location I had left them when I quit.
herbert123 wrote: And then there's the dropdown issue to contend with too, which makes AS somewhat unusable on a multiple screen system.
Dropdowns do not open on the correct screen - only on the screen with the main AS window. So a dropdown appears on the main AS screen, even if I work with my motion graph or other palettes on another screen.
I just verified the drops downs are displaying in their proper locations on either of 2 screens no matter where the default location is. I checked floating and docked styles, timeline, and layers as well as the library and layer settings.
herbert123 wrote: And as for the new tabs that work with multiple files in v10: can they be torn off and moved to another screen? So we can work on two scenes simultaneously on two or more screens? And can the timeline window be duplicated so that one can work with both scenes' timelines and compare?
No this isn't possible right now.
herbert123 wrote: And can we separate the channels, sequencer and motion graph windows now? It's a pain when working with a multiple screen setup to be forced to switch between these three, while I could have them open all at once visible on the other screen. It's a bad workflow now for a dual or triple screen setup. This also holds true for the Actions palette: can those tabs be moved into single palettes and combined freely now in AS10?
I'll log this in the wishlist. I get what you are saying , when you have the real estate, you want to use it. Currently each of those tabs are locked into the windows they are part of.
herbert123 wrote: Does AS10 have a workspace management option like most other applications now?
No there is no way to set up multiple working layouts in AS10.
herbert123 wrote: Btw, is there an option to turn on autozoom for the motion graph by default? I keep having to click that button each and every time I switch to another bone.
Thanks for your kind help.
The zoom for the timeline is for the whole group. if you switch tabs and zoom back out , you have zoomed all back out. Another great wishlist items.

Thanks for your interest and I hope I answered your questions.
Regards,
Jason
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

dueyftw wrote: Get the demo version an find out.
There is no Demo/Trial available yet. Once we get our bearings from this release we will release one.
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
richinri

Post by richinri »

So far, everything seems great..............but. lol I went to go play right off with the bald guy and it seems he has been removed from the character wizard? :o