I wish Anime 10 had Nested Layer Advanced Maskingi on canvas

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Undiscovered

I wish Anime 10 had Nested Layer Advanced Maskingi on canvas

Post by Undiscovered »

Firstly I want to say I love Anime Studio 10. Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.
All of the new features will be very helpful.

One feature I thought we would have by now is Nested layer Advanced Masking.

Normal Masking works in the canvas, but it does not work in the canvas for advanced masking.
Most of us are making our character do head turns. and body turns. So It becomes necessary to mask the masked layer eyes in the head when turning.

The problem is when you create an masked eye group. (pupil and lids masked within the eye)
and then have that mask eye layer mask within the head layer.
Masking will not show correctly on the drawing canvas. (The character has a eye sticking out of his head. lol)

I understand when rendering it shows correctly. But .. I have to look at an eye sticking out of his head while animating. lol

Also I noticed Group masking is worst in Anime studio 10 then 9.5. Weird.
I used to be able to mask the eyes (pupil and lids in eye) and then mask the eye layer within the head layer. But it wont show the eye mask working in anime studio anymore. The pupils actually come out of the eye. strange. On 9.5 the eye mask layer used to work within the head, up until you moved the eyes out of the head.
Try it out for yourself. It's hard to explain unless you try it in version 10 compared to version 9.5.

I really wish Anime studio pro 10.5 makes masking shown in the canvas correctly so we know what the character will look like without having to render out each time.

Does any one else want this feature? and also does anyone else see that Anime pro 10 masking is a different from Anime studio pro 9.5 for some weird reason.
Mohkjai

Re: I wish Anime 10 had Nested Layer Advanced Maskingi on ca

Post by Mohkjai »

I had that same problem. Annoying to say the least.
DK

Post by DK »

I have reported this issue on Mantis. Hopefully the display will be fixed in the next release. It is annoying to say the least, when masking, that you cannot see results before you render.

Cheers
D.K
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

Agreed! Seeing my masks still not working on the canvas has been my only real disappointment with 10.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I agree it would be nice if this would preview correctly. But there's some technical stuff involved...

Some tips:

Sometimes masks preview better with GPU acceleration turned off.

Often there are multiple ways to mask something, and only one of them previews right, even though they all render the same results.