Question: Background Fade to Blur

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DonnyCage

Question: Background Fade to Blur

Post by DonnyCage »

I'm doing a scene where one person is talking, and in the middle of him talking someone else runs in front of him doing something obnoxious.

I want to make the guy talking the most visible, but then as the second guy comes in front, I want that guy to be more visible, while the other guy (and the rest of the background get blurred a little)... I see where you can blur, but for some reason it doesn't give any key frames... So when I make something blurry... it's just blurry throughout the whole scene, no matter when you click it...

I want it similar to how a camera would focus in on something far away, until something closer comes into view.

Can anyone help me?
Maestral

Re: Question: Background Fade to Blur

Post by Maestral »

So, use the camera - you can set the depth of field in camera settings, which should produce the desired result - blurring objects which are out of the focus (especially if you set a shallow range of the focus).
Last edited by Maestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

You should also be able to do this by checking the "Allow animated layer effects" in the layer properties window, then adjust the blur as you have been doing.
~Danimal
DonnyCage

Post by DonnyCage »

ahh okay thanks... I will give it a try
DonnyCage

Post by DonnyCage »

That worked out perfect! Thanks!!