Please, I need help to achieve my 2.5D (2.9D) R&D.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lychee

Please, I need help to achieve my 2.5D (2.9D) R&D.

Post by Lychee »

Once again I appeal for your help and I pray to be heard.

Here is my latest experiences in anime studio 10, once again around my eternal Grail quest: the achievement of a total bodyturn fully Animatable.
It works more or less, but it is not perfect because of two things which I had spoken here and here.

I resume:

-I really need an option to make an object all the time facing the camera, because I thought that options "Free Pivot" or "Face Image Plane Free Rotate" made this, but there is always an unwanted rotation which is done at a moment.
I need it to create articulations of my characters for example, because without it, that is more difficult to create things exactly as I would like.

-The second thing that annoys me is how anime studio (9.5 and 10) manages the switch of objects compared to the other one.
Sometimes the elements of my test switch at the wrong time because of AS9.5 / 10 new 3D depth management.
It force me to make complicated things for corrected the bad switches.
I would have liked to have an option to choose the way Anime Studio manages the switches, way AS9.2 (8; 7...) or way AS9.5 (10...).

If the Scripting Guys, Anime Studio designers or animators could find a solution to my problems, I would be happy (like pharrell).
Here are the files for those who would like to study them and understand their operation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spvi30z2x6htk3y/Venus.anme
https://www.dropbox.com/s/69rodxekzr5dc ... R%26D.anme

Sincere greetings.
Last edited by Lychee on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OlgaI

Re: Please, I need help to achieve my 2.5D (2.9D) R&D.

Post by OlgaI »

Wow, these are really cool objects! Thank you awfully for sharing them, there's a lot to study and adopt there.
DK

Post by DK »

Lychee this is truly amazing work....I once had a similar dream to create such a thing...all I can add is that an entire character made this way would be incredibly complicated to create and animate, given so many smart bones to tweek. I take my hat off to you though for the effort. Thanks for sharing the dream.

Cheers
D.K
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

It could be realy less complicated to create characters with this method, just if we find a way to improve the "Rotate To Face Camera" option.

My arm construction is complicated just because of it, i can do it more simple.
pihms

Post by pihms »

I agree with the bad switch problem. Thanks for allowing us to view the two files. I'm going to take sometime studying these. Great work! :D