Chad Troftgruben Book

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

erikk

Chad Troftgruben Book

Post by erikk »

I notice that there is a book called Learning Anime Studio, just out. I believe an eBook version will be coming soon, the physical book is available at Amazon (I am desperately trying to go paperless, so eBooks are ideal for me). I know Chad has created many of the tutorials, but I was wondering if anyone had read the book or had any opinions about it.
InfoCentral

Re: Chad Troftgruben Book

Post by InfoCentral »

According to the publisher that title hasn't been release yet. They are still taking "pre-orders." It does say that it is supposed to be released this month.

I notice that both Amazon and Barnes & Nobel state it was published on April 19th. Interesting...
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
richinri

Post by richinri »

Amazon had several copies for sale last night.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I know. Very strange that you can buy it from Amazon and Barnes and Nobel now but you can't even get the e-book version direct from the publisher because it's still listed as "pre-order."
erikk

Post by erikk »

It is odd, isn't it? I'm looking forward to hearing from the board if anyone finds it useful. I wonder even if anyone on the board was a beta tester for it (if they did such things in development).
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Sent a email to the publisher asking why the delay. They say the delay is because of a "pocket edition" and it should be released soon. On a positive note the Manga Studio book just got released ahead of the May (delayed) re-scheduled date.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I bought and received my copy from Amazon, but haven't really dived into it yet.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

wizaerd wrote:I bought and received my copy from Amazon, but haven't really dived into it yet.
Just received this email yesterday from Packt Publishing:
Packt Publishing wrote:We are sorry to inform you that due to some unforeseen circumstances the publishing date for the title "€œLearning Anime Studio" has been pushed forward.

This title is now expected to be published by May 2014.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

InfoCentral wrote:
wizaerd wrote:I bought and received my copy from Amazon, but haven't really dived into it yet.
Just received this email yesterday from Packt Publishing:
Packt Publishing wrote:We are sorry to inform you that due to some unforeseen circumstances the publishing date for the title "€œLearning Anime Studio" has been pushed forward.

This title is now expected to be published by May 2014.
I'm not exactly sure, but it seems as if you're implying that I'm not being truthful. So here is a screenshot showing the delivery status from Amazon:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9lf1wfdol2gw ... .10.47.png

As well as a picture of the actual physical book:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfzy8ttzcwadn ... .14.40.jpg

So if in fact this is what you're implying, then suck it.

[EDIT]
And it still shows as available on Amazon:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei7nozgxo6wrr ... .21.33.png
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

wizaerd wrote:I'm not exactly sure, but it seems as if you're implying that I'm not being truthful.
Not my intent at all. In one of my email exchanges the publisher told me that they are trying to stop Amazon and Barnes and Noble from releasing copies until they worked out their "pocket edition" decision. What I was trying to show is how screwed up the publisher is that you can actually get the book from Amazon and Barnes and Noble but not from the actual publisher. I never heard of such a screwed up publisher. And the whole thing makes no sense at all. The publication date has been extended to May, but you can buy it now because we already have published it on April 19.
tonyg

Post by tonyg »

I got the book from Amazon a week or so ago.
If you're new to AS it's likely to be very useful. I'm by no means a proficient user but took until Chapter5 (p165 of 320ish)before I got anything from it. Don't take that as a criticism of the book... everything before that is well explained. I also suspect I could have got much of the same assistance from online tutorials, this forum etc but nice to have an additional resource all in one place.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

You probably could of went to his youTube account and watched his tutorial. That would of saved you the cost of the book.
erikk

Post by erikk »

Well, the Kindle version is up on Amazon now, and at a around a third of the price, I think I'll pick it up and give it a try. Good to have even half the book teaching me something new... plus I teach kids cartooning and how to use this program from a basic level so it will be good to see if there are new ways to explain some of the basic concepts (the biggest one is about freezing poses so that body parts don't drift by starting earlier than desired... for some reason explaining pose-to-pose is hard with 11-year-olds, they just want to plow ahead frame-to-frame and then get frustrated).
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I know this book was for version 10, but it still has some useful parts in it.
Today only, you can get a free copy from here: https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning
Tomorrow, you'll still be able to get it for only $5 too from this site.
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

jezjones29 wrote:I know this book was for version 10, but it still has some useful parts in it.
Today only, you can get a free copy from here: https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning
Tomorrow, you'll still be able to get it for only $5 too from this site.
Chad should update the parts that need to be updated and come out with a new version. I got the book and found it very useful. He is very good at explaining.