Problem: No accordance between the actions and the timeline

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Griseldis

Problem: No accordance between the actions and the timeline

Post by Griseldis »

Hi everyone,

I've created different actions; but a few of them works only in the action panel, not on the timeline.
For example, below are two screenshots to explain the problem:
In the action panel the the hand looks good, in the timeline view the hand is not exact on the same place as in the action panel.
The action is named Hand up down rechts.

I tried all things, to fix that (erase in that action lots of points and so on) but I can't figure out, what the mistake is.
I'm stuck since two days… and I need support, please.

Below is the file in the dropbox for better understanding:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/13f536llf4b3a ... %20II.anme

Best regards

Griseldis

I work with ASP 9.5

erikk

Re: Problem: No accordance between the actions and the timel

Post by erikk »

It looks like a point control issue to me. The points in the forearm are controlled by bone B21 but your are moving them with Had up down rechts in the action. But B21 will take precedence in Mainline, so they won't move the way you moved them in the action. Those points are parented to B21 and in the Mainline B21 will retain control.

Also, you seem to be a bit careless in your actions. Move Lachen Mundwinkel runter and bone B20 drops down to her side. Because the action for Lachen Mundwinkel runter has a bone movement keyframe for B20 for no apparent reason. Actions will interact with other bones and without proper planning, things that happen in Mainline may not match the action. It is the sheer complexity.

I'm not sure what others think, but I'm not sure why you'd create a bone (Hand Rotation rechts) to activate a switch layer when setting the switch layer animation by right clicking on the switch layer at the appropriate time would work as well and not create a potential bone interaction. If you rotate the Hand Rotatation rechts to the right and then rotate Bone21, you will see that it activates the switch layers during that move in a way you almost certainly do not want.
Griseldis

Post by Griseldis »

Hi Erikk,

thanks a lot for your detailed response. I will check out your advice and I see, the problems are there, where I suspected but did not find.
Learn to animate is a long process to me, mostly it's fun and sometimes it's rocky.
Again thank you that you have me move a few stones out of the way.
erikk

Post by erikk »

Glad to help. I sometimes struggle with smart bones because things will interact differently in the mainline. The effects of other bones and actions don't seem to apply when you are in the action. So it's best to keep things as simple as possible and test test test.

Also, as wiser folk than I have said on this board, don't build characters that can do things you won't actually need them to do. It can be fun to do a character capable of tons of actions, but if they won't be used you are wasting your time.
Griseldis

Post by Griseldis »

Yes, you say it.
But the temptation is great, always preparing to push the boundaries.
For another wise man once said:
You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you just might also find you get what you need.
I think, the name of this guy is Sir Mick Jagger. ;-)