Just Upgraded! (Kill This Topic)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Markster

Just Upgraded! (Kill This Topic)

Post by Markster »

I have upgraded my copy of Anime Studio Pro 8 to Anime Studio Pro 9.5, two reasons, I lost my physical copy of ASP8, and after playing with bones I realized that I could really use smart bones and smart bone dials, that's why, my new ASP9.5 should be here by Thursday or Friday.

When's the next time you plan to upgrade?
Last edited by Markster on Sun May 18, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric1223

Re: Just Upgraded!

Post by eric1223 »

Markster wrote:I have upgraded my copy of Anime Studio Pro 8 to Anime Studio Pro 9.5, two reasons, I lost my physical copy of ASP8, and after playing with bones I realized that I could really use smart bones and smart bone dials, that's why, my new ASP9.5 should be here by Thursday or Friday.

You JUST upgraded? Where did u get 9.5 from? Anime Studio Pro 10 and Anime Studio Debut 10 is has been out since....early march. I didn't know u could upgrade to a earlier version instead of the current version.

Anyway, congrats!
Markster

Post by Markster »

I got it on Amazon, they were selling them much cheaper than Pro 10, about 59$.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Markster wrote:I have upgraded my copy of Anime Studio Pro 8 to Anime Studio Pro 9.5, two reasons, I lost my physical copy of ASP8, and after playing with bones I realized that I could really use smart bones and smart bone dials, that's why, my new ASP9.5 should be here by Thursday or Friday.

I always upgrade as soon as an upgrade is available. It's just the way I am. Why exactly are you asking?
Markster

Post by Markster »

I don't know really.

Amazon has great deals on older versions, 9.5 is almost as good as 10, and it's about 240$ less on Amazon.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Have you tried V10?

I don't know how much you make per hour but in my case I I got even very fast.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Markster wrote:I don't know really.

Amazon has great deals on older versions, 9.5 is almost as good as 10, and it's about 240$ less on Amazon.
I suppose it depends on how you define "almost as good as", because quite frankly there are features in 10 that are not in 9.5 that I'm greatly attached to.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I'm still on 9.5 myself.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Markster

Post by Markster »

I tried the demo version of V10, I like all the features, but the new features it includes are not worth the extra money, ASP9.5 was only 59.95$ on Amazon, and ASP10 is about 250$, not worth the extra money at all IMO.

I can't release info on how much money I make, here's a hint, I'm a monetized YouTube partner.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

While that was just a rhetorical question before, now I am really interested. ;)
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Markster wrote:I tried the demo version of V10, I like all the features, but the new features it includes are not worth the extra money, ASP9.5 was only 59.95$ on Amazon, and ASP10 is about 250$, not worth the extra money at all IMO.

I can't release info on how much money I make, here's a hint, I'm a monetized YouTube partner.
Why are you buying it as opposed to upgrading it. Upgrading it is significantly cheaper
http://anime.smithmicro.com/upgrade.html

It's possible you might not need the new features in 10, but they are certainly worthwhile having and to start using...
Markster

Post by Markster »

Upgrading from V8 to V10. 199.99$
Buying the full version of V9.5 from Amazon. 59.95$

I'm always like this, if the latest version is out, I get the last version because of the price. (Usually the old version is cheaper)

When Pro 9 was the latest, I got Pro 8 (March 2013), now that Pro 10's out, I got Pro 9.5, it's just the way I am, slightly older versions are much cheaper.
gdewizard

Post by gdewizard »

I just upgraded from 9.5 to 10. Well worth the $100.00 even if they cheated me out of the Magna studio ex4 they promised to give us. Why, because my password mysteriously would not work for several days Then it did just after the sale was over it did. I started with debut 6 then pro 8,9,9.5,10. If U can get the full version of 9.5 at amazon for $59.00 then check on upgrade. If u get it U can sometimes upgrade free. Otherwise the $100.00 upgrade price is worth it especially if U use it a lot. Try the sample version and see. I often spend 18+ hours a week on it. The new features R really good. It is certainly the best version yet!!! Cobalt Wizard
Markster

Post by Markster »

I have a trial version of Pro 10 on my computer, 27 days remaining now, it is indeed better than Pro 8 and 9.5, but I don't think it's worth upgrading yet, I just bought Pro 9.5, I'll wait a couple of years before I make another upgrade, I'll wait until version 11 or 12.

I'm good for now. :)

Also, why don't Smith Micro lower down the official price of Anime Studio Debut and Pro, since Pro 9 the official price of the software was 299.99$, Pro 8's official price was 199.99$, way overpriced IMO, I think Pro is worth about 79.95$ and Debut is worth about 29.95$
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Markster wrote:I have a trial version of Pro 10 on my computer, 27 days remaining now, it is indeed better than Pro 8 and 9.5, but I don't think it's worth upgrading yet, I just bought Pro 9.5, I'll wait a couple of years before I make another upgrade, I'll wait until version 11 or 12.

I'm good for now. :)

Also, why don't Smith Micro lower down the official price of Anime Studio Debut and Pro, since Pro 9 the official price of the software was 299.99$, Pro 8's official price was 199.99$, way overpriced IMO, I think Pro is worth about 79.95$ and Debut is worth about 29.95$
For what AS 10 Gives I personally think it is under priced.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu