Switch Data file problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Equalrights4animals

Switch Data file problem

Post by Equalrights4animals »

When I try to sync a mouth to more than one switch data file which I created in papagayo, when I do the second one it deletes the keyframes for the first! How do I get it not to do that?
slowtiger

Re: Switch Data file problem

Post by slowtiger »

There's nothing to do here since this is the way a switch layer interacts with a .dat file. However, you can easily duplicate the switch layer, assign a different .dat file to each copy, and switch visibility to show only the party you want.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Equalrights4animals

I like to make each line of dialog a new file so I can adjust the timing easily. I'd really rather not have to make a duplicate switch layer for each line. That would get disorganized. I aleady have two mouth switch layers within another switch layer. (one for happy mouths and one for unhappy mouths.) There was one animation I did where I somehow didn't have to make a duplicate but I don't know how. I've noticed that sometimes when I import a data file, the keyframes line up with the right audio automatically but sometimes they don't and I have to highlight and move them. What's up with that? When I import the 2nd switch data file it puts the keyframes on top of the ones from the 1st file. If I could get it to put the keyframes somewhere else, would it not delete the old keyframes? How would I get it to put the keyframes somewhere else? Maybe where they actually belong, for example?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If you have a new file for each line of dialogue, you shouldn't have more than one switch data file per character, should you? Or am I missing something?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Equalrights4animals

I have multiple switch data files for characters when they have lots of lines because their different lines are in different files
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Can't you deal with them separately and composite them together in a video editor?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?